Chapter 3

"I'm sorry who is this," I asked.
"You will see soon," the voice sounded happy. The phone disconnected.
I looked at my phone shocked.
"Who was it," Farkle asked worried.
"I don't know but I recognize the voice, he seemed very familiar," I sighed.
....... The next day .......
We walked into History laughing, "Okay class, sit sit, we have a lucky guest," Mr.Matthews said as we sat. I bent down to get my stuff out of my booksack. I put the stuff on my desk and looked up shocked.
"Mason," I squealed running up to my brother who was still in his army uniform.
"Cat," he smiled hugging me tightly, me returning the favor.
"Everyone welcome, Sargent Morris," Mr.Matthews said as we hugged.
"Well if I do say so, he is a hunk," Missy called from the back.
I let go of my brother and sent a glare her way, "How are you here," I asked looking back to Mason.
"Well I got permission to come back for your birthweek and got your teacher help me surprise you, I'm surprised you didn't recognize my voice yesterday," he smiled.
"I knew I knew that voice," I smiled hugging him again.
"Caitlyn you may be excused," Mr.Matthews smiled.
"Farkle can you watch my stuff," I smiled. He smiled back nodding with a huge grin.
We walked into the hallway and sat on a bench and talked.
"I had to come see you, how's grams," he asked.
"Not to good, she is sick at the moment," I sighed.
"I have news after I go back I have a 3 month work spot left then I get to some home for a year," he smiled.
"Yay, when do you go back," I asked.
"Tomorrow," he sadly smiled.
"On my birthday," I scoffed," fine but when you get back we have serious partying to do," I smiled.
"So uh you and Farkle huh," he smiled.
"Mason! I barely know him," yelled.
"Uh huh but you smile a certain way to him and did you see that grin he gave you," I slapped his shoulder.
"He is nice and funny and smart but I want to get to know him. How's Lacey," I asked.
"She's um,"
"Your having a baby aren't you," I sighed.
"No," he laughed, "she actually broke up with me."
"I'm sorry," I said hugging him.
"I don't want to keep you from education, go learn. I'll see you in three months," he smiled, "Happy B-Day."
We walked back to the class as I sat down he looked at Farkle and whispered something to him. Farkle did a salute as Mason left.
I looked at Lucas and he was smiling at me and Zay was laughing, " What did I miss," I asked seeing Maya and Riley all smiley and Mr.Matthews.
"You are sleeping at my house tonight," Riley smiled," It's a birthday sleepover. "
"Okay," I slumped down in my seat.