Chapter 7

I walked into class late and sat down.
"Ms.Morris you are late," Mr.Matthews said stopping his lesson.
"Sorry I slept in," lie.
"Okay don't let it happen again," he smiled.
"It won't," I smiled back.
"Like I was saying, when the bombing happened during the war a lot of innocent people were hurt or were sacrificed," he said teaching.
"Do we have to talk about war I mean I understand it's history but why don't we learn about Belgium," I asked.
"As the princess trying to get her way," Missy laughed.
"Missy," Maya interfered.
"No Maya, don't," I stood up and she did too, "why do you judge people?"
"There is about to be a war," Zay said looking at us as she walked up to me.
"Because first you rejected my friendship for losers,"
"They are not if anything you are," I scoffed.
"And second you come in and run the class trying to change the lesson, just because you are proper don't mean crap," Missy sassed.
"You want to know what's wrong with me,"
"Caitlyn you don't," Farkle jumped in.
"No, I have to," I turned back to face her stepping closer, "on my birthday during a party my friends threw I got a call," I began to tear up, "really bad news you wanna judge judge this, I lost my brother. He died because he was saving his country he died because he wanted to make a difference not only for the country but for me, instead of hearing his voice in a call or hug him I get a prayer that goes one way, I have to remember that I have to make a difference for my family," I began crying, "I lost the one person who raised me, the person who hid me from the monsters in the world! And you sit there and judge me because of how I'm acting! You are the princess, yes I declined your friendship because I saw the way you looked at people when they weren't looking, these people right here, they don't judge, they are the nicest people ever," I said wiping my tears.
"Oh, I didn't know,"
"That I lost the person who raised me, my best friend, my protector, my brother," I replied stepping back, "no you didn't know why because you never asked what's wrong, Farkle, Maya, Riley, Lucas and even Zay asked what's wrong and I didn't tell because I thought I had to be strong for Mason, but a certain, smart, Minkis told me other wise. And before Mason died he told him something, Mason knew he wouldn't return he knew he had a death mission. Farkle what did he say," I asked.
"He said that he needed me to be your new protector, your new hero, to make sure you had someone to trust, and that's what I am doing," he smiled at me.
I walked away from Missy and over to Farkle and kissed his cheek, "and you are very good at it," I said sitting back down.
"Cat," he turned to me, " we're here for you," he smiled.
"Always?"
"Always," Maya and Riley replied.
"Riley?"
"Yeah," she asked turning around.
"Where did you get Kitty Cat from," I smiled.
"I seen a message on your phone with Kitty cat in it," she shyly replied.
"Who calls you that," Maya asked.
"Mason did, but now you do," I smiled.
"After the bombing people had funerals and arguments but eventually they grouped together and sealed with the sorrow," Mr.Matthews smiled.
"Mr.M?"
"Yes, Ms.Morris."
"Group hug," I smiled, "with you," we all joined together and hugged.

Little did I know this was going to be the beginning of friendship, love, lost, happiness, and drama, but also adventure.