Chapter 8 part 2

We walked straight to Riley's room and they sat me down on the window seat.
"Kitty Cat welcome to the bay window, where we talk about everything," Riles smiled.
"Objects of the day, 1 Farkle," Maya smiled.
"What about Farkle," I asked slightly afraid too.
"You two were basically flirting today, he likes you and you like him," Riley cheered.
"I... We... Um... Next object," I blushed causing me to stutter.
"We will come back to that, object 2 your dad. He's meeting you here and you're going to dinner and then you are sleeping here," Riley giggled.
"Outfit," Maya said to Riley as she walked to her closet.
"Already planned, you handle makeup and hair," Riley said taking out a cute white/pink dress and white flats, Maya did a waterfall braid and gave me a cat eye with a little bit if pink eye shadow and lip gloss. (Outfit in the picture)
"Wow," I said looking in the mirror, "Farkle and Lucas are here with my dad," I said freaking out.
"Calm down. He'll look at you and he's going to be proud, he will regret not being there," Maya said hugging me.
"No matter what we can all three share my dad," Riley smiled.
"Always," Maya laughed.
"Girls," Mrs.Matthews yelled.
"Let's go," Maya said opening the door.
I took a deep breath and let it out. Now or never. I followed behind the girls to see Farkle and Lucas standing by an older yet younger man. He had black hair, kinda like mine, brown eyes, I took after my mom with blue, and a smile when he saw me.
"Caitlyn, you look...."
"All grown up," I asked.
"Wow," Farkle barely whispered.
"All grown up," he smiled.
"I know this is the part where we hug but I'm not ready for that," I said politely.
"I understand. I deserve that. I should have been here," he sighed.
"Dinner," I asked.
"Of course," he smiled.
"She needs to be back by 9," Riley smiled, "she has a very important sleep over to go to."
"She shall be here," Dad said as we left.
The whole ride there was silent. We didn't exchange but a few smiles. When we got there we were immediately brought to a table.
"So, how's New York," he smiled.
"It's great. I met awesome friends and I have great teachers. I also had my birthday here," I said looking at the menu.
"How old are you," he asked.
"14," I simply replied.
"How's your brother," he asked.
"He, he um died. A bomb hit his base. He died the night of my birthday," I sighed.
"I told him not to join," he replied with no feelings.
"That's your response I told you so. You know I thought you finally being here was going to be different. I thought you were finally going to be my dad that I needed. I have had a screwed up life. After you left for where ever to start your new little family mom began to drink, grams lost her mind she just sits in her rocking chair staring at the door waiting for you, I had to grow up, Mason joined the army to actually change the ways of this family. You know I had a little hope you changed, that you where a good guy now, obviously I was wrong. Thanks I needed to get that off my chest, now have a lovely life with your other family," I said getting up and leaving. I walked all the way back to Riley's apartment.
I knocked and Maya answered it, "You're here early."
"Plans changed," I sighed fighting back tears.
"Caitlyn?"
"He just as I remembered, a self centered prick who wants to be the one who changed the family. I don't know why I thought he would change," I said crying. Maya, Riley, Farkle, Lucas, and some other guy looked at me sad.
"If it's okay I'm just gonna go home and just see you later," I asked wiping my tears.
"No you need us," Riley said hugging me.
"Ice-cream," Mrs.Matthews asked.
"Chocolate chip," I asked.
"Yep," she smiled handing me a bowl and a spoon.
"You wanna tell us what happened," Farkle asked sitting next to me at the table.
"He asked about Mason, I told him, and he said 'I told him not to join' and I lost it. I don't understand why he hates Mason. I mean, he left and Mason stood up as the man. Mason never wanted to be in the army, he wanted to be a teacher. He always loved little kids," I sighed eating ice cream.
"How did your dad leave," mystery guy asked.
"Uncle Josh," Riley said hitting the back of his head.
"He and my mom would fight alot so one day he had enough and left, a week later my mom got court papers for a divorce, she started drinking a lot, Mason, my brother became the man and signed up for the army, a week after the divorce was finalled I was at the market and I saw him and a pregnant woman hugging and she had an engagement ring on. Apparently he had had another happy family on the side for more than a year. I never told my mom though," I said continuing eating.
"Cait, you know you didn't have to tell," Farkle smiled.
"I trust you guys and I want you to know why I'm emotionally and physically scared," they all looked confused.
"Story I don't want to get into please," they all nodded. Farkle gave me a small hug and smiled.
"I'm Caitlyn," I said finally introducing myself to Riley's uncle.
"Josh, good to finally meet the British Barbie," he smiled.
"Zay told you his nickname huh," I laughed.
"Technically it was mine first," Lucas smiled stealing some of my ice cream, and everyone else joined.
"Just take it," I laughed.
For the rest of the night we hung out, joked around and watched movies. I finally feel excepted into their own little family.

*Word Count: 1015*