Chapter 16

I had been in hospital another week or so now and I still hadn't been told when I would be discharged. Mike had been split up with the girl for a week and we'd been extra close since that night outside her window. The reason today was going to be a big day for me was because I was going to ask Mike out on a date. Naturally, I was so nervous that he would say no, mainly because I wasn't sure if he liked boys and even if he did I didn't think he'd be interested in me. My stomach flipped just thinking about it. Just then, Mike walked in, smiling happily as he made his way over to where I sat cross legged on the hospital bed.
"Hey," I greeted him, as he pulled me in for a hug like always.
"Hey, Tone, how was your day?" He asked sitting next to me and smiling softly.
"Okay, how was yours?" I responded nervously.
"Pretty good, better now that I get to hang out with you," he told me, making himself more comfortable on the bed.
"Hey, um, Mike, can I ask you something?" I spoke up after a moment, suddenly finding the courage.
He nodded in response, smoothing out the white bedsheets in front of him on the bed.
"Would you maybe like to, you know, if you're not to busy, perhaps go out on a date...with me?" I asked, my voice shaking due to nerves.
"Sure, I'd like that," Mike responded, shooting me a smile.
"R-really?" I stuttered, convinced I had misheard him.
"Yeah," he responded, chuckling at my confusion a little.
"Great," I breathed, feeling my face heat up and a grin overtake my face. I hurriedly hid it with my hand, causing Mike to laugh.
For the rest of the night, we talked and watched movies and Mike told me about school and I told Mike about the shots and medication I was constantly getting and it was just like before, except Mike liked me, as more than a friend. I felt happier than I had ever felt and couldn't wait to go on our date. I could scarcely believe that Mike really liked me and I kept suddenly remembering and smiling.
A/N: just a short little second update for today. This is going to be a really difficult week for me so there may not be updates until the weekend so sorry about that. Please keep the comments coming in because I love to hear that you guys are enjoying this book. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed and have a great rest of your day. Also we hit 500 reads so thank you for that.