Chapter 18

~Tony~
Slight violence warning (I'll put stars)
It was around three days since I saw Mike at the mall and I had been released from hospital yesterday. Today I had to go back to school and I was not looking forward to it; I didn't want to be known as the weird kid who spent time in the hospital. I pulled on a tank top and looked in my mirror at the fractal scar that ran from my collar bone, across my shoulder blade and down my arm. I shrugged on a hoodie and hid my hair under a beanie. I started walking to school, moving my hair out of my eyes. As I reached the front entrance, I saw Mike's group of friends standing in a huddle. My stomach flipped as I looked at Mike in the soft sunlight. Just then, my eyes locked with Jaime's who glared back at me. I watched as a smirk overtook his face and he turned to two of his friends, saying something and then staring back at my. I felt my face flush out of nervousness and the embarrassment of being under his gaze. I averted my eyes and started to walk towards a side entrance to the school in an attempt to avoid Mike's group of friends. I turned around looking for Kellin and Vic, but they were nowhere to be seen.
**************************
Suddenly, Jaime came towards me, grinning unsettlingly.
"Hey, freak, how was the hospital?" Jaime barked, causing my face to immediately heat up and my skin to prickle. I cleared my throat, which felt dry, in response.
"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that," he hissed, coming closer to my face, causing a tiny whimper to escape my throat. I saw Mike behind him and he sent me an apologetic look. I felt tears well in my eyes as I realised everyone was watching me.
"Nope, nothing to say, just as I thought," he laughed dryly, grabbing my shirt and holding me closer to his face.
I bit my lower lip to hold back tears and stayed silent.
He kneed me in the stomach, hard and I groaned in pain.
"Jaime, let him go," I heard Mike call. I watched as he came over to us, trembling in terror because of Jaime.
"Why should I Mike? He means nothing," Jaime shouted at Mike.
"Just put him down okay?" Mike mumbled, glaring at Jaime.
Jaime glared back at him, before throwing me roughly to the hard, concrete floor. I whimpered as I felt the impact of the stone and a warm liquid seeping from my forehead. The people around me began to disintegrate, some laughed and then it was just Mike and I left alone in the cold morning air.
*************************
My vision became fuzzy and the only thing I could focus on was Mike. He was talking to me, but I couldn't hear the sound. He looked really beautiful. Just then, I could hear and it was almost deafening.
"-you okay?"
Mike was looking at me. I had to say something.
"Thanks for helping me, Mikey, you're so nice," I croaked out, shifting into a more comfortable position. The floor get soft and cosy and I felt like going to sleep right here.
"Tone, open your eyes, come on let's get you cleaned up then I'll take you home and you can sleep there," he coaxed me softly, causing me to open my eyes and let out a giggle. He smiled in response and so did I.
He helped me to my feet and the floor gave a terrifying lurch, I almost fell back down again, but there were secure, familiar arms holding me up, as they always had.
A/N: shortish chapter again but I hope you enjoyed. Sorry about the slight violence. Feel free to comment and thanks for all of your support.