Chapter Eleven

Same day

Violets POV

It's later on in the day, almost time to go home. I'm in the hall, at my locker. I'm getting some stuff for band. I've asked Zack where it was, and it's not too far from my locker so I quickly grabbed a folder from my locker and I'm down the hall. Then suddenly, I was pushed. "You need to stay away from Zack." A female voice said. I'm guessing she's the one who pushed me over. "Stay away from him, and we won't have any problems." She added and kicked her heel into my foot and walked away. Great. Now the bell has rung. I stand up, and notice that I'm right outside of the band room. I walk in right at the teacher is calling roll. "And Umm Violet Weekes?" He called out. "Here." I said. "Why are you late?" He asked. "Ummm I'm a new student. I couldn't find my way." Which is a complete lie. "Oh! Once I finish roll we can get you an assigned instrument." He said. So, I stood awkwardly until he finished roll. "Okay. First, this is a really laid back class. We're in our Sinatra unit." He said. "Oh my god I love Sinatra." I whispered. "Oh! By the way, my name is Mr.Mada." (AN/ He's based off of Brendons old band teacher btw Kay back to the story) he said. "Okay. Let's see. I can have you test out different instruments and see what yore most comfortable with. Then we'll have you sing a bit." Mr.Mada said. I mouthed an okay to him and we went to the brass section where I tried out trumpets, trombones, tubas. Anything really. Then the string, which is bass guitar and stand up bass. The only thing I did pretty well in that area was the bass guitar. Then to the percussion. Drums. I think I did amazing, and apparently so did everyone else. I've been taking lessons from Dan, Brendon, Josh, and Andy when I get to see them.

Next part, I was terrifyed of. I hate singing in front of people unless it's for a concert. "Since this is jazz band, I'd like to hear some Sinatra or something from you." Mr.Mada said. So, I sang Lady Luck, kinda like Forehead did at the APMA's a couple years back.

It's now the last five minutes of class, Mr.Mada assigned me to play drums. The final bell has rung and I'm on my way to my locker when I see Zack. I avoid all contact and quickly get my stuff out of my locker. I put everything that is in my hands into my backpack and walk away quickly. Luckily, he didn't catch up to me. I got outside of the school when my phone started to ring. It's dad, I could tell from the ring tone.

Violet Dallon

Hello?
Hey, Brendon and Sarah are going to pick you up.
Okay.
Well, seeing as how neither your mom or myself are at the house you can't exactly can't get in since you don't have a house key yet.
True.
You might be with them for a while, just until I can pick up Amelie and Knox then I'll pick you up too.
Okey-Dokey
They should be calling you now so I'll let you go. Love you
Love you too dad.

And when I hung up there was Brendons ringtone. Which is just him saying,"Dat Boi Oh Shit Whaddup" over and over.

Hello?
Where is you at.
I is at the front of the school.
Kay, be there in a jiffy purple.
Purple? Really?
Yes really. You call me forehead, I call you purple. Oh look! There you are. Imma bout to whip in here with my whip.
That's the most 2000 thing you have ever said oh my god.
Fuck off and get in the car.
I'm getting in the car.
Hello purple. We've been expecting you
You know you can hang up now. I'm legit in the car.

I hung up and put my seat belt on. "You up for swimming?" Sarah asked. "Do I get to jump off the studio roof?" I asked. "Sure." Brendon said. "Sick!" I yelled. "So sick." Brendon said.

We got to Sarah and Brendons place and Sarah and I went upstairs. "I bought you a swimsuit for over here. I kinda guessed your size." She said. She placed in my hands a black and white bandeau top and the pair of small black shorts that went with them. "Ooh pretty." I said. "Go change and I'll get towels for you and Brendon." She said. "You're not getting in?" I asked. "Oh no. I've got a hair appointment and then I have to go to the store. You two will have fun though." She said.

I went and changed in the bathroom then looked at myself in the mirror. I saw the scars that littered my stomach. They're everywhere. I haven't cut in a long time, a year to be exact. I haven't done it since I've been with Dallon and Breezy. "You okay?" Sarah asked, knocking on the door. "Hm? Oh. Yeah. I'll be out in a minute." I said and slipped my tee shirt back on because I feel awkward going out without it. I unlocked and opened the door. Sarah handed me the towels and a pair of flipflops. "So you don't burn your feet." Sarah smiled. I thanked her and she left for her hair appointment.

When I got outside Brendon was on his phone. "Scopin!" He exclaimed. "Okay I've gotta go. Until next time." Brendon said into his phone and kissed the screen. "Okay child. You ready?" Brendon said. "Yessss." I said. "I'll go get the ladder." He said and ran off, leaving me time to find an excuse to say if he saw my scars. I was staring at the concrete ground when I heard a loud crash and an even louder yell of,"Oh fuck!" "Brendon! You okay?!" I yelled getting up from my seat. "I'm alright! Just knocked the ladder over!" He yelled.

He came out of where ever he was with a ladder. He set it up by the studio roof and immediately started up it. He stood on top of the roof and back flipped off of it, yelling the whole time until he hit the water. "Your turn!" He yelled once he came back up above the water. I slid off my shirt and ran to the ladder, hoping to avoid him seeing my stomach. I made it to the roof and looked down. It looked pretty high, but I know it's not. I took a deep breath and walked backwards before running and jumping. I was awaiting my crash into the ten foot deep water when I heard a male voice yell,"Too far! WAY TOO FAR!" And I felt a searing pain, with a crack, and then I hit the water. I felt arms pick me up from the water and a gasp. I opened my eyes and saw Brendon, looking at my stomach. "Come on. We gotta get you to the hospital." He said. He wrapped me in a towel and ran me out to the car. "Try not to move." He said and laid me in the backseat. "Here. Call Dallon. Password is 2238." He added, handing me his phone. I typed in the password and found dad's contact. It rang, and rang. And on the third ring he picked up, "Dad. Brendon and I are headed to the hospital. I might have broken my ribs. Please hurry." I said, near tears.

"Okay okay. Amelie, Knox, and I are on our way. Call your mom and tell her please." Dad said, I could hear him rushing around, the jingle of the keys, Amelie yelling at Knox to get his shoes. "Let me call mom." I said and before he could say anything I had already hung up and started to call mom. On the first ring. "Hey Brendon. Everything okay?" She asked. "Mom. Brendon and I are on our way to the hospital. I hit my ribs on the side of the pool." I said.

"Aw fuck. I'm on my way now." She said. This is the first time I've ever heard her curse. "Oh. And tell Brendon I'm going to kick his ass if I get there first." She added and hung up.

"Bren. Mom is going to kick your ass if she gets there first. You better hurry." I said. "I've got an idea. And it's not MCR." Brendon said. "I outta slap you. Anyway. What is you idea?" I asked. "Call the highway patrol. Tell them that you've broken your ribs and you could have internal bleeding. They'll clear a path to the hospital." He said. I noticed that the highway patrol was in his emergency contacts. So, I clicked on the contact and at the first ring I heard,"Mr.Urie. Unless it's something serious I'm going to need you to hang up." "Uh sir. I'm Brendons niece and I've broken my ribs on the side of my uncles pool. I could have some internal bleeding so It'd be great if you guys could clear the path." I said and put the phone on speaker. "Tell me how you broke your ribs on the side of the pool?" The officer asked. "At the smaller point of the pool I slipped off the edge and hit my ribs on the other side trying to catch myself." I lied. "Okay. Well, we will get a path cleared for you as soon as we can alright darling?" The officer asked. "Okay. Thankyou." I said. "Your welcome." He answered and hung up.

"While we're on our way tell me about your first day of school." Brendon said. "Ummm. I played with hearts in science. I put my whole arm inside of a cow heart. It was fucking awesome. Umm. Lunch, I sat alone. Jazz band was amazing. My teachers name is Mr.Mada. He assigned me to play drums." I said. "What. Wait. Did you say Mr.Mada?" Brendon asked. "Yeah?" I questioned. "He was my old Jazz band teacher." Brendon said. "Awesome, I'll have to ask if he remembers you." I said. We talked back and forth until we got to the hospital.