Chapter Nineteen

Violets POV

We first stopped off at Kenny's place. We walked to the door, knocked obnoxiously until he opened. "Brendon I swear to god if you don't shut up about Ry- hey kiddo!" Kenny first grumbled and then said happily like his usual self. "Hi uncle Kenny!" I exclaimed. He let us in and we both talked for about an hour or two. "Well Kenneth my man. We gotta go. We'll see you soon though." I said and Amelie and I both hugged him.

He waved at us through the front door as I drove off. It was about thirty minutes to get to Dan's place so Amelie and I talked a bit.

"Can I tell you something?" She asked. "Tell me anything and everything you want me to hear and know." I said and turned the radio down as it was quite loud.

"So. Have you ever had feelings for someone who was, let's say, a girl?" She asked. "Honey. I'm bisexual for a reason." I said, then realized I've  never come out to my family or my friends or even boyfriend. "You're bi?" She asked. "Surprise?" I said in a questioning tone.

"But seriously. Have you?" She asked. "Well yeah. Kid, if you wanna date girls go for it. In the wise words of uncle Beebo, girls love girls and boys." I said. "And. If I ever do date a girl. Do you think mom or dad might be mad at me?" She asked, wringing her hands. "Listen. They'll love you no matter what gender you are, what your sexuality is, or who you choose to love. What matters is that you're happy." I said, grabbing her hand. "Like when I was in high school if any guy tried to hit on me if I wasn't interested in had Lisa, Alex's girlfriend, to be my pretend girlfriend. Alex was totally fine with it as long as Lisa didn't leave him for me." I said.

"So. Got any boys or girls on your mind?" I asked, winked and nudged. We stopped for coffee about ten minutes into the drive to Dan's house. "Weelllll. There's this one guy. Kinda looks like Alex. Super cute, great personality, amazing music taste." She said. I nodded and sipped my coffee. Second cup I've had today.

"When are you and Zack gonna get married already. You've acted like a couple since the second week you were in the band. Hurry up and give me some nieces and nephews." She said, grumbling the last part. That made me laugh.

"I'm not getting pregnant any time soon. Who knows. I might adopt. Giving a kid another chance. Maybe I'll have a kid after that." I said. "Where might you adopt from?" She asked. "The one I was at. Near the outskirts of downtown LA." I said.

We finished our coffees and we were on the road again.

We saw Dan, now we're on our way to Brendons place. But first...

"AND I DON'T WANT THE WORLD TO SEE MEEE! CAUSE I DON'T THINK THAT THEY'D UNDERSTAND!!! WHEN EVERYTHING'S MEANT TO BE BROKEN, I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW WHO I AM!" Amelie and I yelled. Such a good song.

We pulled up to Brendons place and walked into the front door as we usually do. Brendon is at the piano with his friend Jake. "Whats up loosers." I said, sitting beside them on the piano bench. I saw Brendon roll his eyes and looked at his phone. Ahh. Periscope. "Ahh it's Violet." He said, reading from the chat. "Hiii." I drug out. "Violet play something for us." He read from the chat again.

"What do you want me to play?" I asked. "Smells Like Teen Spirit? Guys. Piano songs." Brendon said. "She can do it." Jake said and I began the first few notes.

Eventually we were all in fits of laughter.