Chapter Twelve

A few months later

Violets POV

It's around five in the evening, I've just got done eating dinner when the doorbell rang. "Will you get that?" Mom asked. I nodded and went to open the door. Outside stood Zack, bouquet of black roses and I sign that said,"I'd Fall Out in a Panic! if you don't go to homecoming with me on the Twenty First." I gasped.

"Is that a yes?" Mom asked from behind me. I nodded and went to hug Zack. I hugged him, and let me tell you. This boy gives out great hugs holy shit.

A couple days later

Sarah and mom are helping me get ready. Sarah is doing my makeup, mom picked out my dress and shoes. I actually decided to grow my hair out, it's now in a short bob. But after this, it's getting chopped off again. Anyway, mom picked out a super cute dress, which dad hasn't seen. I know it's black, because Zack and I were going for a Helena thing.

Dallons POV

I'm waiting very impatiently for my oldest daughter to get down and show us her dress. I'm nervous to see what it looks like, because I haven't seen it yet. "Okay! We're ready!" Breezy yelled. I stood at the end of the stairs with Brendon, Kenny, and Dan, waiting. "If I flucking fall you four better catch me!" Violet yelled. I saw heels come into view, then the hem of a black dress, and finally my baby's whole homecoming attire. "Where's Zack?" She asked once she got to the bottom of the stairs. "Did you both agree that he'd be picking you up?" I asked. She nodded. She pulled her phone out of her badass looking clutch, thanks to Brendon and Sarah. She called Zack. "Hey. I thought you were supposed to be picking me up." She said and paused.

"No, we both agreed that you'd pick me up at six. It's six. Where are you?" She said and walked off to the kitchen. "Mom! Dad! Excuse my language!" Violet yelled before saying,"Caught in traffic my fucking ass! You legit live a block away from me! Is that music?!" She paused again. "Oh my god it is! You're there aren't you?! You know what. Fuck you!" She yelled. I heard to clicks of heels being thrown on the floor and the patter of her feet hitting the wood floor and the next thing I know she's already up the stairs.

Violets POV

I got up to my room, slammed my door shut and I locked it. I laid on my bed and saw the black roses in a red vase. I got a sudden burst of anger and I picked it up and threw it. The vase shattered, water was sent everywhere. Then, I felt my phone buzz. It was a text from an unknown number.

The text consisted of several videos, a few of Zack and the girl who pushed me in the hall almost every day, them kissing.

Hey, I know you don't know me. But I know you and I know he was supposed to be your date. I figured you should know about this. Xoxo Lily.

Thanks for this Lily.

I sent back but I never got a response. But there was a knock on my door. "What?" I asked. "Hey kiddo. Open the door." Kenny said. "No." I said. "Please." He begged, but I didn't answer. "What about if I call Pete. Or Patrick. Or both." Dads voice chimed in through the closed door. "I want uncle Peterick." I mumbled. "Will you at least let me in?" Dad asked. "Fine." I sighed and unlocked the door. I opened it then ran to my bed.

"Boys are assholes. Except for the guys and Knox. You guyvs are cool." I mumbled into my pillow when I heard dad come in. "Honey I know." He said and rubbed my back. "Tell Petey to bring Hemingway." I mumbled. I heard the taps of his thumbs hitting the screen and the click of it being shut off.

"I was actually stupid enough to think that Zach, captain of the football team, would actually like me enough to take me to homecoming." I mumbled into dad's chest. "Hey. He's the stupid one. Not you." He said. This only made me cry harder than I already was.

"Uncle Pete is here to save the day!" Pete yelled, coming through the door. I looked up off of dad's chest, smiled at him, then laid my head back down. "I'll leave if you want to talk to Pete." Dad whispered and I nodded. Dad left the room and Hemingway jumped on my bed, licking my face.

"Hey buddy. (You in London?)" I said, petting his head. "Talk to uncle Petey." Pete said, sitting on my bed. "My fucking date to homecoming ditched me. But I also told the homecoming committee I would bring in a live band. They've seen me play." I mumbled. "Well. Let's get the guys rounded up, and you can show that ass how awesome you are." Pete said. "Fine." I said. "I'm not wearing a dress though." I added and went to my closet. "You're the king of badassery. Help me." I said. He threw me a pair of jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a pair of socks, and a pair of boots. "Get dressed. I'll get Sarah to help you with makeup." He said and left the room. I looked at my outfit.

Black jeans with unconventional zips and weird faux patches, a long sleeve shirt with rips horizontally places down the arms, and a pair of my favorite worn studded combat boots.

I already know which guitar I'm taking too, Brendon bought it for me while we were on tour

I already know which guitar I'm taking too, Brendon bought it for me while we were on tour. It's a black and gold Gibson Les Paul, almost an exact replica of the ones Billie Joe Armstrong and Jack Barakat has. "You dressed child?" Sarah asked, knocking on the door. "Yep." I said and she walked in. She touched my makeup up and we walked downstairs, with a guitar in my hand. "You look fucking sick. You ready to go kick some ass?" Brendon asked. "Yeah. Lemme go grab my jacket." I said and ran upstairs to my room. I grabbed my jacket. Okay, it's not a jacket. It's a leather studded vest.

What? The outfit needed something

We're at the school, getting amps and mics set up. I'm fucking ready.