Chapter Seventeen

The end of the week
Violets POV

I'm helping the guys load up the van, it's the end of the week and we're all going home. "Guys. This tour has been amazing. I don't know what I would do without any of you." I said from my position in the drivers seat.

"Aww. We love you ViVi!" Alex and Jack said and burst into fake tears.

I smiled and rolled my eyes, taking off down the dirt road to the highway. "Hey guys? Can we go visit my old house?" I asked. We were near where I used to live. "Yeah sure." They all said. Zack texted Matt and Vinny to go ahead and we would meet up with them for lunch.

We got to my house. It looked the same as how I left it. The wood shingles falling off the side of the house. I sighed and got out, the four other guys in tow. I knocked on the door, just in case when I heard a female voice. "Miss. Nobody's lived there for years. I've just come by to mow the yard. Did you want inside?" She asked. "If you wouldn't mind." I said and turned toward the girl. "My god. Katie. I've missed you, you crazy bitch." I said. "Is it you? Oh my god I thought you had died you fucker!" She yelled and gave me a hug.

We talked and she unlocked the door for us. It was almost empty. The dining table was still there, the coat rack. It still smelled the same. It smelled like the Sage and Citrus Yankee Candle. "Come on. I wanna see what things I can take with me." I said and walked downstairs. The pictures that were hung are now gone, the couch and the coffee table I split my head open on is gone. I walked into my uncles old room. All of his stuff was gone, with the exception of a few Dr.Pepper cans. But, there was one picture still tacked to the wall. It was a picture of him and I. I was about eight, he was about twenty. I sighed and took the picture down and held it in my hands. "This is my uncle Matt and I." I said. "You look like him." Rian said, looking at the picture.

We went upstairs and to the separate diningroom. The gate we used to keep the dogs in was still up, so was the doggy door. When I stepped over I was overwhelmed with memories. Family dinners, game nights, my little brothers frosting mishap on Christmas Eve. I sighed and went into the backyard with my friends and boyfriend behind me. The pool is still up, so are the tree houses. "I had my first kiss up there." I said and pointed to the smallest tree house. "Must've been a lucky guy." Zack said. I looked in the very back and saw two lumps. I squinted my eyes and walked down. "Please be careful. Snakes babe, snakes." Zack said. I waved him off and went to the corner where the lumps were.

What I saw, it made me mad and very upset. "What is that?" Jack asked, pointing to them. "They're my dogs. The one with the fat head was Tank, the one with the large underbite is Roxi." I said while crying. I took off to the shed and found a shovle. "What are you doing?" Alex asked. "Burying them." I said and begun to dig a hole.

I patted the top of the pile. "Rest easy babes." I whispered. I went back inside the house and up to my old room. All of my old stuff is in here. My old posters, books, clothes. I grabbed my old blanket and my blue bunny. It smelled the same. My two favorite candles still on my desk. Vanilla Bourbon and Chocolate Cake. I found all of my pictures. But I took the ones I could take. Then, we took that stuff out to the van and we went to the mother in law suite. I had to be a police officer because I couldn't get the door to open. It was covered in posters. The ones I had left. I had an old turn table and shelves upon shelves of records. "I wanna take it all with me." I said. I walked to the back room and I'm surprised everything is still there.

Instruments hung from the walls, a drum kit and a piano sat in the middle of the room. I saw all of my old recording equiptment.

"This was my job. I recorded drum covers, put them on the Internet. I got paid for it." I said. I grabbed a couple of drum sticks from their container on the crash cymbal. "Wait. I wonder," I drug off before grabbing the hi-hat and turning it over. "Oh my god. Its still here!" I said and started to laugh. "What is?" They all asked. I grabbed the Ziplock bag from its taped hell and held it up. "My fucking medical weed for my anxiety." I said and laughed.

So many good times at this old place. We left and went to the van. "Hey! I'm gonna be living here soon. I completely forgot to tell you." Katie said. "Awsome! Just, don't sell anything in the mother in law suite. You can put the stuff that was in my room there. Just don't sell anything in that building." I said. She nodded and kissed me cheek. "Keep in touch will ya?" She said and put a sticky note on my forehead. "Thanks kid." I said. "I'm not a kid! I'm like two months younger than you." She said. All of us waved goodbye and I backed out of the drive.

"So. Where do you want to meet up with the others at? You lived here, any good places?" Rian asked. "There's a a brewery down town. It takes a while to get what you want though. There's Doc Greens, they always get your order wrong. Can we just get Subway?" I asked. "Fine by me." Alex said.

After lunch, which was awesome. Zack punched everyone's sub, Jack spilled his coke. Vinny and Matt acted like they didn't know us. The usual. And thank god I'm not driving. I'm tired as hell. I'm in the back with Zack. Pongo is up front with Rian, who's driving, and Jack and Alex are asleep on eachother.

Zacks POV

We've been on the road about five minutes and I already heard soft snores. I looked beside me and saw Violet asleep in a small ball on the seat. She's curled with the old blanket she got from here old house, the old bunny, and my pillow. Every time she would breathe in she'd try to get her head closer to the pillow, more than it already was.

I know she's gonna kick my ass for this but I'm going to do it anyway. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and snapped a picture. I sent it to her parents then posted it on instagram with a very cheesy heart as a caption.