Chapter Twenty Four

Violets POV

It's ten minutes after I made dinner for Zack and I when I pulled out the letter from Maria's sister. "What's that?" Zack asked. "A letter from a fan." I said as I opened the envelope.

Dear Violet Weekes,

By the time you will get this I'll be dead and gone. I met you once, you told me to stay alive, because you saw my scars. I broke that promise. Panic! and ATL has kept me happy from the beginning. I hope I haven't upset you or any of the guys if they read this. Thank you for all that you've done. Please know that none of this you could prevent. I've made this decision a long time ago.

Love, Allison Vegas

I had to excuse myself from dinner

I had to excuse myself from dinner. I went and sat on the front porch and held the photo of the two of us in my hand. I remember meeting her, she was so fucking nice and was hilarious as fuck. She had even brought boxes of popcorn for popcorn Tuesday on the bus.

After about ten minutes of being on the porch I went back inside. I sat at the dining table with Zack and continued to eat my slightly cold chicken.

"You okay?" Zack asked. "Yeah. I'm okay." I said and smiled.

We finished dinner and I put dishes in the dishwasher.

Later in the night I feel like something is out of place. I closed my eyes and thought a bit.

Then it hit me... I'm late. And not late to go somewhere. But I'm late. Like, period late. Like. Late to where it's almost time for my next cycle.

I got up to check my calendar that's in the bathroom to make sure I was crazy and that I'm not late.

I'm not crazy. I'm almost a month late.

"Aw shit." I whispered to myself. We have an upcoming tour! I can't be pregnant right now!

"Hey Zack! I'm gonna go to see mom and dad for a minute! I'll be back soon!" I yelled. I didn't bother to put shoes on. I just grabbed my phone and keys then went out to my car.

I drove to mom and dads as fast as I could without running anyone over.

I pulled into their drive way and ran up to the door. I pounded on it and rang the doorbell at the same time. 

"Whoa whoa kiddo!" Dad yelled, dodging my fist as I was about to know again, but dad opened the door before I could even notice. "Come in." He said and pulled me into the house by the small of my back. "Calm down, you're gonna have a panic attack." He said softly as he sat me down on the couch.

After I had calmed down, dad gave me a glass of water and asked what was wrong. "Where's mom? I need mom." I said, practically on the verge of tears. "She's upstairs helping Knox with his homework." He said. "Thanks dad." I said. "You're welcome." He said and kissed my forehead.

I stood up and ran into Knox's room, where he and mom were sitting on the floor. "Violet!" Knox yelled and ran to hug me. "Easy kid! Your big sister is getting old and rickety." I yelled. "Shut up." Mom said, jokingly. "Hey. Dad and I are giraffes, we have knee problems and back problems. I bent over today and got stuck." I said, which was completely true. I bent over to get a pan for the chicken tor dinner when I got stuck and had Zack help me pop myself back into place.

"Hey mom. Can I talk to you privately?" I asked, chewing on my lip.

So, we walked to hers and dads room. I shut the door and locked it.

"What's up?" She asked, sitting on the bed and patting the empty spot next to her.

"Mom. I'm late." I said.

"What?" She asked.

"Mom. It's late. I think I'm pregnant." I said.

"Have you taken a test?" She asked.

"I haven't yet. I'm gonna stop by the drug store and come back here to take it." I said.

"If you are pregnant, I'm sure Zack would be happy." She said and smiled. "Okay. I'm gonna go get pregnancy tests." I said. "Wait. You're barefoot. And if you're barefoot that means you were in a rush and didn't get your wallet." She said and stood up.

She went to her closet and grabbed a pair of rubber flip flops and went to her dresser. She opened a drawer, popped something open and pulled out a ten dollar bill.

"Here." She said and handed me the two items. I quickly put on the flip flops and grabbed the ten from her, all while thanking her.

I ran out of the front door with my keys and went to the drug store.

When I got there I awkwardly got and paid for what I needed and went back to my parents house.

I walked in through the front door and went to my old room that had the bathroom in it.

I locked my old bathroom door and did the thing. I read the back of the box it came in and waited the suggested three minutes.

"Fuck." I whispered. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm pregnant." I whispered again.

"Kiddo? You okay in there?" Shit. It's dad. "Uhh. Actually, could you go get mom?" I asked. "Sure thing." He said. A few seconds later I heard a knock on the door. "Hey, it's mom." She said. I unlocked the door.

The moment she opened the door I started to cry. "Honey, what's the matter?" She asked, bringing me into a hug. "I'm pregnant. I can't be pregnant right now. We're about to go on tour." I said, practically sobbing into her shoulder.

"It's okay. The guys will understand." She said.

I eventually calmed down. "How am I gonna tell them?" I asked. "I have an idea." She said and smirked.

She left the bathroom and came back with a white slender box. "This is the box that my Apple Watch came in. Just put it in there and give it to Zack for his birthday. Have everyone come over, Panic! Fall Out Boy, Josh and Tyler, the ATL guys." She said.

I nodded and put the test in the apple box. "Thanks mom." I said. "Sure thing kiddo." She said and kissed my head.