Chapter Sixteen

A few years later

Violets POV

All of us have graduated. The band is still together, and we're in our tour van. None of us decided to go to college. I still have Pongo, he's in the back of the van now with Zack. He's taken up to him. The guys are their usual rowdy and crazy selves.

"Cut my life into pieces. This is my last resort. Suffocation, no breathing, don't give a beep!" Jack sang while Rian asked if Jack bleeped himself. I've filmed all of it. I'm in the front with Alex, who's driving. I filmed all the crazy stuff that's happened in this van. It's like my sixth home.

"What the fuck are you doing! I have a fucking trailer you asshole! Get out of the fucking road!" Alex yelled, banging on the steering wheel. I filmed it all as he spoke. We're in New York. Alex laid on the horn. "Get out of the fucking way!" He yelled, banging on the roof of the van. We finally got around the asshole, and we're on the road.

We have a show tonight, we're at rehersal. Zacks being a little off. Not being his tiny smiled self. His eyes are darting everywhere. I'll talk to him about it later.

Rehersal is over and I'm walking up to Zack. "Hey, you okay?" I asked. "What? Hm? Oh, yeah I'm alright." He said. But I'm not believing it. "You know you can talk to me right? You've known you can since we met. I'm always here for you." I said. He bit his lower lip and nodded. "Okay." He said in his usual soft tone.

"I wanna make love to a hobo!" Jack randomly yelled after our song Six Feet Under The Stars. I smiled and rolled my eyes, I love this goober.

"Hey hey hey. I wanna share a short story with you. Long ago, on my fifteenth birthday. Right before I blew my candles out. I wished for this. I have four amazing best friends with me tonight, and I love them all. They walked up to me the day after I played with my people from Panic! And Fall Out Boy and MCR. These talented people, asked me to come to Rians shed, play with them, and now look where we are! And it's all because of you guys! You've made this possible. We thank you for that." I said into Jacks mic. "Also, she's the baby of the band. We like to wrap her in blankets to where she can't escape." Alex joked. "My dad hears that he's gonna kick your ass." I said and smiled.

It's towards the end of the concert, Right before we play Dear Maria. "Hey guys. I gotta say something real quick." Zack said into his mic. He sounded shaky, like he was nervous. "Go ahead Zacky poo." Jack said. "So uh. I've known this amazing girl up here with us tonight for so long. She's been apart of my life since freshman year of high school. I have something to confess to you Violet." Zack said. "Violet, I've liked you for years now. You've helped me with alot. But, I just have one thing to ask. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. My jaw dropped and I nodded. The crowd cheered, Rian did a drum solo of excitement,  Jack and Alex were both teary eyed and clapping.

I ran to Zack, which was very difficult to do when you have a guitar in front of you. But all I wanted to do was hug my muscley god. "Hey. Wanna know something?" I asked into his ear. I felt him nod against my neck. "I've liked you for a while now too." I said, that only made him hug me tighter.

We finished the show, our last show in fact, before we got to head home. Which was about a week away. The guys and I wanted to unwind by going to a cabin in Milford Lake, Kansas. I'm the one who drove the majority of the time, seeing as how I was from the midwest, moved to the southern region of the US, and ended up in California.

It was about noon when we got to the cabin. I rented a fairly large cabin, but it wasn't too far from the lake. This place brings back some memories. I used to come here with my grandparents during the summer. When we exited the van I looked around and sighed.