These 12 Long Years..

( flashback) " Bye Mavis..... I-I love you.Always"  

" Bye Zeref... Where ever life may take me, I'll never forget you.... I love you Zeref Dragneel.. Always."

 ******

Zeref Pov

It's been 12 years since Mavis moved away... I'm 17 now and I've never forgot Mavis, I still think about her everyday. I also still have the half heart necklace with her inital on it. In fact I wear it everyday.. " Zeref!!! Get up will ya!?!?! It's time to goto school!!!" Natsu yelled from down stairs. " I'm coming!!!!". Our parents died about 2 years ago, so I have to take care of Natsu since we have no other relatives near us. We like it that way. I came down stairs to find Lucy talking with Natsu, of course Natsu was being oblivious to how Lucy felt... Poor girl it's so obvious that they both like each other. " goodmorning Zeref." " hi Lucy.... have you heard from Mavis??" Lucy just sighed and shook her head " No... Zeref I hate to say this but you should probably move on... I don't think she's ever coming back.." I  looked up " No!! she promised me she would come back to see me!!! Mavis would never break a promise!!" I yelled it seem to only anger Lucy further. " Then explain why she hasn't visited in over 12 years Zeref!!! You're going to have to realize that she's probably forgotten about you and she's never coming back!!!!" " " you're wrong!!! she'd nev-" " DUDE!!! I don't mean to sound like an a-hole but... man it's been 12 years and you've heard no hide no hare of her.. it's best if you do move on.. She's not coming back! You know Brandish still likes you. She has since  9th grade..." I was shocked tht Natsu felt the same way as Lucy but I shoudn't be suprised he likes Lucy and he will always side with her. " You're both idiots!!! I'm never giving up on Mavis!! We promised each other!! I'm leaving!!" I said as I stormed out of the house.. " How dare they?! Mavis wouldn't forget me!!! She'll come back I know she will!"  I got to school earlier than usual. I went to my first period, Calculus great... Mr. Pretch was sitting at his desk working on something. I sat down in my seat to find only Mira and Laxus were here. After about 15 minutes the bell finally rung and most of the kids scurried into class. Brandish looked at me and gave me a weird smile.. " Ugh... why doesn't she just leave me alone... she's nice but I love Mavis not her."  Ahem! class we have a new student joining she came pretty far to live with her aunt and uncle. Young lady will you please enter the classroom. I was already bored I just wanted to go home and be alone for the rest of the day... " Hi. I'm Mavis Vermillion.. And I'm 17." My head shot up " No way it's her she came back just like she promised!! Oh how I have missed you!!" Alright Mrs. Vermillion you may sit by Zeref.. uh will you raise your hand please. My hand shot up and Mavis looked at me with kind eyes and raced up to her seat. Alright class lets begin. " Hey Mavis. I'm glad you're back.. you kept you're promise." I whispered to her. She just smiled and nodded at me. " hey what's wrong??" she just looked at me with her emerald eyes and said " Ireally don't want to talk about it ok?" She said  in a very quiet voice  " Mavis you can trust me.... We always told each other what was wrong.." I whispered. She looked up at the board and I saw that tears were coming out of her eyes.. I was shocked " what happened? why is she living with her Aunt and Uncle?? Where are her parents??" I thought. After class Mavis tried to walk away from me " Mavis... Please talk to me.. I want to help you." " Zeref alot has changed." She said as she walked away from me, " Mavis." I grabbed her hand and prevented her from going anywhere " Please tell me.. I don't like it when your upset." She didn't look at me but just stayed limp and started to cry... hard. I pulled Mavis into my chest  and hugged her very tight. " Mavis.. It's ok." I said as I rubbed her back and tried to soothe her. I decided to take Mavis out of  school " Zeref where are we going?" " Somewhere special I promise." She looked at me funny but decidednot to ask anymore questions and just followed me. 

*****

Mavis pov

" I don't want to burden Zeref with my problems.. I've missed him very much.. But I'm not the same anymore.. Not without them.."

Yea that's the end of the chapter... I did a cliff hanger for a reason.. my thanks to everyone who has read so far!!! See ya later.