Chapter ten.

Percy laughed. “Funny,” he said, feeling a bit of stress leave his chest after laughing for the first time in at least a week. He looked over to see Sarai staring at her feet as she walked. “Oh my God, you’re not joking, are you?”

“No,” she squeaked out.

He almost choked on his own spit. “I’m sorry, Sarai, you’re lovely. Really, you are, but I can’t marry you.”

“Because of Annabeth,” she spouted. When I didn’t say she’s wrong, she sighed.

“We’re going to have a long talk with these parents of ours,” Percy said.

Sarai almost smiled. “You’re going to stand up to your father?”

“And your mother,” he added.

“You really are different from the other demigods, Perseus. I admire you very much. Annabeth is such a lucky girl.” Sarai was slightly behind as they walked, and she skipped to catch up. “She’s also very brave. She is almost as rare as you.”

“I think she’s pretty fantastic,” he said, smiling.

She sighed. “What is it like to be in love?” she asked. He almost laughed at her question.

“It sucks,” Percy admitted, “because no matter what, you’re always thinking about them. I can’t do a single thing anymore without wondering what she’ll think of it.”

“I want to never stop thinking of someone,” Sarai gushed. “I want to shout my love for someone from the biggest palace. I want to feel butterflies, and know someone cares for me.”

“You’ll get all that one day, Sarai,” he promised. “When the right guy comes around, you’ll get that. It will drive you crazy, but you’ll get it.”

They were in the elevator to Olympus before Percy realized, and he felt a tug of emotions on his gut. “If our parents start fighting, we bolt. Got it?” he asked her, patting her on the back. The gesture eased Sarai’s nerves a bit, and she nodded.

“You need to marry her, Perseus. Soon, before my mother can destroy your happiness,” she warned. “If you wish to be with her, you must do it soon.”

Percy looked at peace with what she was saying, and for once, he felt in control of his range of emotions. “I know,” was all he said before the elevator doors opened.

(I wanna apologize for how short this is, but I had a busy day visiting a college campus. I felt like I owed you an update, so here it is. Feedback would be greatly appreciated! xx)