Chapter twenty-two (part two).

That was the last time Annabeth saw him. He was gone by morning. They said they were taking him somewhere for his mother and mortal family to pay respects. She didn't understand what was happening then, but in the middle of a big, loving Percy smile, his face had went blank with panic. Then she realized what was happening. He didn't want her to cry during their last few moments together, but she had, nonetheless. He began telling her how much she meant to him, and even he cried. It was horrible.

That night.

"You can't leave me like this, Percy Jackson. It's not fair!" Annabeth cried out. "I love you so much. You can't just die on me!"

Percy stared at her sadly. He couldn't hear her, and because of her sobbing, he couldn't read her lips. All he saw was tears. A lot of crying from a red-faced Annabeth flooded his last minutes.

"Hey," he said suddenly. Annabeth momentarily stopped her fit, and looked at him intensely. "Will you marry me?"

And she burst. It was worse than before, she couldn't even breathe this time. It was too much for anyone to handle. Even her. "Yes, Seaweed brain. If you just stay here, with me, I'll marry you. I'll move to the Roman camp with you. Anything, Percy! Just don't leave me!"

He smiled, because that was all he needed to hear. He began to drift away, and Annabeth was ushered out of the room. He wasn't sure if he was dying, or if he was having another one of his horrible nightmares. For some reason, this felt real. He saw the look of horror on Trent's face, one he had grown fond of while in the infirmary. Between visits to Annabeth and being in there himself, Trent became a reliable friend.

"Make sure she's okay for me," Percy remembered being able to hear himself say it. Even if it were his imagination, it made everything feel okay.

Next morning.

Percy woke up in a daze, completely unaware of everything. It came and went in blurs. He didn't know what happened, or why he was alive, but he was. This wasn't a hallucination or dream, he was sure of it.

"Look who is up!" Hera gleamed. Percy's eyes burned when he looked at her, and he grimaced.

"What am I doing here?" he asked groggily. He realized he was in a vehicle. A taxi, of all things. He gripped onto the door handle, and waited for the right moment.

"Why, you're headed to Mount Olympus! You wouldn't want to be late for your own wedding, would you?" Hera smiled.

Percy groaned. I won't marry anyone but Annabeth. I'll find my way back to her, he thought. He knew that he wouldn't be able to escape when they made it to the Empire State building, so he thought fast.

Quickly, without a word, his plan was formed.

And with that, he flung the car door open, and jumped out onto the street. It didn't hurt as bad as he was afraid it would, and he wasn't hit by a car.

He was on his feet in seconds, despite the harsh road rash his shoulder and a bit of his head just received. Percy was going to make it back to Annabeth. . . or he'd die trying.

AN: The end! I love you guys for reading!! I MIGHT make a sequel, depending on demand!