05

Previously:
Before my fingers even touch the door knob, I'm harshly pulled back, a tight grip around my wrist.

I let out yet another scream, stumbling backwards. I feel my back hit the boy's hard chest with impact, causing him to inhale sharply.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I try to yank his arm away, being extremely unsuccessful.

"Stop running away, Hura"
The boy greets his teeth together, his voice filled with a serious tone for the very first time.

***

I find myself being shoved into the back seat of a black car, faint groans escaping from my lips.

The boy has his palms pressed against my bare back, forcing me into his car.

I whimper, letting out a long sigh from exhaustion. I have thought too much in the past few minutes and I just want to collapse and pass out.

I'm drawn out of my thoughts once the boy slams the door shut, my gaze on his calm body as he walks towards the drivers seat.

He plops down onto the seat, a loud groan escaping from his rose lips.

I swallow the growing lump in my throat as I stay frozen, watching him start the engine. The car roars, the vehicle vibrating for a second.

With the side view of his smooth face, I can clearly see his growing grin. His eyes are fixed on the road as the distance between the car and my house increase.

Why is he so excited?

I suddenly clench my jaw once I catch him staring at me through the rear view mirror, his eyes filled with joy and suspicion.

"Why so tensed, baby?"
He speaks quietly, his voice sending shivers down my spine.

Something about the way he speaks makes me cringe from fear. But at the same time, I can't help but whimper from mixed emotions. Hatred but curiosity.

He suddenly presses on the gas pedal, sending us zooming forward through the isolated street. I bite my lower lip, my face scrunched up.

The boy lets out a dry chuckle, shifting his gaze back to the road with one hand firmly hugging the steering wheel.

I have no idea where he is taking me. I actually don't want to know. I don't want to know how I'm going to die because that'll only make me more sweaty and fearful.

My eyes widen once I notice the boy lifting his free arm, straightening it backwards towards me.

He gently places his open hand over my bare knee, his cold fingers fully extended out.

I wince, taking in a sharp breath.

Almost immediately, he lets out yet another chuckle, caressing my knee with his thumb.

Once again, I notice his strong gaze on me through the small mirror, his eyes filled with desperation and calmness at the same time.

"I'll wake you up when we get there"
He says, indirectly commanding me to sleep.

I swallow the lump in my throat, quietly obeying him and shut my eyes.

I can't sleep in the back of a murderer's car.