26

previously:
"just put this on for now, our neighbors will help dress you up"
he exhales and runs a hand through his silky black locks, his eyes fixated on my half naked body.

i clear my throat and pinch the shoulders of the blouse, letting the remaining fabric fall down to cover my exposed stomach.

"okay"
i simply mouth while a thousand questions attack me. something about what he said makes me utterly uncomfortable and nervous.

***

it's been a few hours since he gave me his shirt, the clock showing 6:30, the night sky resurfacing.

i forcefully spill on a pair of worn out slippers, clearly too big for my small feet. unconsciously, i mutter words under my breath, directed towards Baekhyun whom is rolling up the sleeves of his thin white blouse.

it's like we're matching. ugh.

his messy hair covers his unrealistically beautiful hooded eyes, his focus completely on the task he is carrying out.

i have an unclear view of the freshly cut wound that i gave him once i stabbed him, shivers immediately going down my spine as i recall the scene.

he deserved it.

"quit staring, you're giving me mixed signals"
he chuckles, his eyes still fixated on his blouse as he neatly folded the fabric.

i swallowed the lump in my throat and rolled my eyes, turning away to face the front door.

"what kind of party has a dress code this casual? i'm practically wearing nothing"
i snap, my eyes glued to the closed door as i heave a sigh of frustration but all i earn back is dry chuckles.

"you'll see"
he mumbles under his breath and from the side of my eye, i see him finally look up and drop his arms to his sides.

"plus, i like you dressed provocatively"
he smirks, and i find myself making eye contact with him for a mere second before letting out a chuckle laced with sarcasm and annoyance.

"lets go"
he heaves a sigh of defeat before reaching out for the door knob, twisting it once he has his long fingers wrapped around it.

with a slight push, he forces me out, completely disregarding the fact that i can't walk properly. i wince and bite my lower lip in pain and frustration, and shoot him a death stare which he brushes off with a smirk.

calmly, he walks past the gate and towards the neighbor's gate, me following him like a confused puppy.

"so, there are three things that i've learnt over the past ten years"
he clears his throat as we walk towards the brick wall right beside the gate that separates the two houses.

attentively, i take relatively small steps by his side, blocking out the increasing pain in the soles of my feet.

"number one, cut out those who betray you"
he speaks as he reaches for what seems like nothing but a brick and pushes it by applying a light pressure on the hard object.

shockingly, it slips right through and falls down onto the cold ground.

i stand frozen as i watch him reach through the gap and fish around for something on the other side of the wall, a frown plastered on his face as he focuses.

i jump once something snaps, my attention diverted to the now open gate. my eyes widen as i observe Baekhyun, a smirk plastered across his face as he pulls his hand out and dusts his arm off.

does he have this all figured out?

"number two, cherish those who understand you"
he continues as he casually walks past the gate, his large hands stuffed into his pockets as he observes the house.

i swallow the lump in my throat as i forcefully walk behind him, feeling a pit in my stomach as i stand right across my old house.

Baekhyun slightly turns around to steal a glance at my shivering figure, his smirk only growing.

he motions me to come forward and i find myself unconsciously obeying his order and stepping towards him.

he pulls one arm out of his pocket and i immediately feel it snake around my waist. he gives my side a little squeeze before taking another step, forcing me forward with him.

i bite down on my lower lip as we get closer and closer to the house, anxiety building up inside me.

i have a strong feeling that the host isn't expecting guests.

"number three"
he exhales as we go up the porch, unwanted memories of us in my house attacking me.

he reaches towards the freshly painted doorbell and presses his index finger on it. a faint sound echoes through the house, my heart literally pounding out of my chest.

within seconds, i hear quick footsteps towards the door and before i know it, a small boy swings the door open with a wide smile across his face.

his family probably lives here.

"take back what's yours"
Baekhyun's smirk grows as soon as he sets his eyes on the young child.

***

i hope this makes up for the last chapter!! 😋