18

Previously:
I flutter my eyes open and observe my surroundings, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach once my gaze lands on the mansion in front of me.

There is a tall gate blocking any entrance to the house, the rusted metal freshly painted black.

The outside view of the house itself is enormous, the tall walls of the building painted a light cream color.

I've been here before.

I know who's house this is.

My gaze shifts onto the boy leaned over towards me and I immediately use my weak arm to push him back to create some sort of distance between us.

"Remember me now?"
His eyes are glued onto me as he speaks, a smirk playing across his smooth lips.

No. Way.

***

Without a single word coming out do my mouth, I turn my head to look back at the house, completely speechless and dumbfounded.

I swallow the growing lump in my dry throat, my eyes glued unto the house next to this one.

My jaw automatically drops open and I gasp for air, a sudden realization that makes my heart rate drastically increase.

It's the previous house that I lived in, as a child.

Besides the fresh coat of baby blue paint, everything else looks exactly the same.

The tall tinted windows that were once shattered into pieces are now changed for new, clear ones.

My eyes travel down to the rouge car that's parked just by the slender gate, indicating that it's someone else's property now.

I let a breath that I didn't know I had been holding in, tears unconsciously rolling down my flushed cheeks as a series of memories circle around my head.

"T-t-this- I used to live here"
I finally manage to mutter, shifting my gaze back unto the boy next to me, his body leaned towards me with his eyebrows raised.

"So you do remember me"
His smirk only grows as he inhales deeply, carelessly throwing himself back into his seat with his arms crossed.

I can't rip my eyes off of him, doubting his identity.

It can't be.

His eyes are fixated on me as he waits for me to say something, his intense gaze piercing holes through my face.

"B-b-baekhyun?"
I stutter, my head tilted to the side as more tears stream down my face.

Yet again, I feel my heart drop to the pit of my stomach once his smirk grows wider.

I remember you, now.