59 (final chapter)

previously:
"you're going to hell for what you've done, baekhyun. you don't love me, you're crazy! so many lives were lost because of you"

"hura, i love you. you know that. don't lie to yourself"
i step closer towards her, raising my right arm in defense.

"you won't shoot me. you don't have it in you, hura. you love me"
i laugh, reaching for the gun in her hands but she steps back, hitting the night stand.

"i never loved you and i never will. no one will ever love a monster like you. go to hell"
she cries and within that second, she fires the gun, hitting me right in the chest.

***

i run as fast as i can, down the stairs, hot tears blurring my vision as i cry for help. strands of my hair are glued to my hot cheeks by the layer of sweat illuminating my face.

"help! somebody help!"
i scream, my voice shaky. my eyes scan my surroundings as i keep my momentum through the isolated parking lot.

a thick layer of mist coats my arms, grey clouds positioned to guide me to the city center where light pollution makes them vanish completely.

i can't fathom the pure fact that i have killed baekhyun, and his crazy sub is still roaming the hotel.

my steps subside once i hear something in the cripping silence that i've been engulfed in. i tighten my grip on the gun in my hand, alerted by the crispy crunch of dried leaves under the lit up sign of the motel.

my direction of motion drastically shifts, my body stiffened with adrenaline.

"you're about to die too, bitch"
i almost cheer, pointing my gun towards the figure sneakily hiding behind the shadow of the pole.

"come out!"
i demand, my index finger comfortably positioned on the trigger, and i squint my eyes in an attempt to get a clearer look at her.

a much taller figure emerges through the murky street light, catching me off guard.

my eyes widen, my pupils dilate, lips parting in speechlessness, my heart skipping a beat.

i must be dreaming.

this can't be real.

heavy steps rush towards me, engulfing me with a familiarly tight embrace that i have been longing.

"dad?"
i murmur in complete and utter shock.