43

let's get this to 130 votes because i actually updated within like two weeks 😭🙏🏼

previously:
he takes a step forward, pulling my hand along with him but i stay engraved in my spot, my eyes fixed on the closed doors of the restaurant.

i'm scared to go inside.

he lets out a dry chuckle, turning back to observe my still figure before taking a step back towards me.

"aren't you the slightest bit curious to see who's inside?"
a smirk creeps unto his lips as he speaks, his eyes burning holes through me.

***

i swallow the growing lump in my throat as i take a step forward, more footsteps following until we both reach the stairs.

taking one i step at a time, i observe the closed tinted doors, lights glowing down on to it.

the closer we get to those doors, the sound of laughter and muffled voices increase. the restaurant is open.

but who opened it?

Baekhyun stops to pull the door to open it, me hesitantly walking in only to smell the familiar smell of wine and fine cuisine.

as we walk towards the receptionist, i can't help but look around the lavish place for a sign.

my father was the only owner of this place.

i'm pulled out of my thoughts when Baekhyun tugs at the ends of my hair to grab my attention, his hand placed on the front desk.

"look for a clue"
he leans in and whispers in my ear before chuckling.

my eyes travel to our receptionist, and i immediately notice the frightened and uncomfortable look on her face as she stares at me in pure awe.

"Hu-hura?"
she struggles to speak, stopping midway to swallow the lump in her throat.

before i get the chance to respond, Baekhyun lifts his index finger to his lips, a growing smirk plastered on his dazzling face.

"do you job and you might get a bigger tip than you expect"
he stares her deep in the eyes, his intimidating words making her obey almost immediately, her unsteady footsteps directing us to our table.

we walk through the crowded room, almost every table occupied by known people. we sit down across each other, the frightened girl setting our menus in front of us before disappearing out of sight.

still confused as ever, my eyes search for hints. i don't like the games that Baekhyun forces me to play but i can't help but find myself curious to find out what happens next.

i'm sick to my stomach and keep the menu untouched as i watch him go through the menu with utter focus, before calling over a waiter.

i stay silent as he orders for the both of us, flashing a smile at them before watching them walk away.

something tells me that everyone's fate remains unknown in this very building.

it takes a good fifteen minutes of for our food to arrive, Baekhyun basically conversing with himself as i block him out completely.

finally, the waiter setting the plates down in front of us and leaves with a genuine smile.

almost immediately, i see a smirk creep on to Baekhyun's lips but he tries to hide it with his hand over his mouth.

"what did you plan?"
i mumble, my voice soft and timid as i observe his sinister behavior; often shifting in his seat, unexplained and sudden chuckles and his signature smirk.

"i wanted to treat you to dinner, and i figured this is your favorite place to dine"
he almost bursts out in laughter, his hands lifted to grab his utensils.

i look down for the first time at my plate, a well decorated steak with gravy waiting to me demolished but i can't get myself to pick up my utensils and take a bite.

"i'm not hungry"
i reply back with absolutely no attitude, feeling like the world is going to end anytime soon.

he is a ticking-time bomb.

"then let's send your food back to the kitchen"
his words rub off on me the way i don't want them to, his eyes piercing holes through my face with excitement written all over his.

i stay quiet, agreeing with his decision before he parts his lips to speak once again.

"pull a strand of your hair"
he directs me with all seriousness, his eyes playful tone vanishing as soon as he sees the expression written on my face.

"w-what?"
i stutter, my heart already racing.

"do it"
he speaks and for the first time, i wish his smirk would reappear on his face because i'm absolutely terrified.

not knowing what else to do, i obey and proceed to pull a strand of my hair, my mind full of unexplained questions.

"drop it on your plate"
he commands, his eyes glued on me to see what i do next and i do exactly what he tells me to do and i let the strand fall down on the sizzling steak.

almost immediately, he lifts his arm, snapping his fingers for a waiter to assist us. i stay silent as i watch the same waiter appear before us, Baekhyun letting his mouth run.

"theres hair in her plate and that is absolutely unacceptable"
he stops momentarily to let the waiter speak back, words of apology being thrown at us as i sit quietly.

"i want to speak to the owner of this restaurant"
Baekhyun's words send a trail of shivers down my spine, my eyes widening as my heart begins to race.

my eyes stay on the stressed waiter as he responds with a quick nod before disappearing into the back doors of the room.

my eyes travel back to the calm boy sitting across from me, the same smirk creeping on to his lips as he raises an eyebrow, knowing exactly what is going through my head.

who is going to walk through those doors?