27

previously:
he reaches towards the freshly painted doorbell and presses his index finger on it. a faint sound echoes through the house, my heart literally pounding out of my chest.

within seconds, i hear quick footsteps towards the door and before i know it, a small boy swings the door open with a wide smile across his face.

his family probably lives here.

"take back what's yours"
Baekhyun's smirk grows as soon as he sets his eyes on the young child.

***

before i have the chance to respond, he shifts his gaze unto me, his smirk only growing. he raised his eyebrows, the sinister expression plastered on his face slightly frightening me.

"hey little guy, remember i told you i'd visit sometime?"
he speaks, not bothering to look at the shockingly calm boy standing at the foot of the door.

i swallow the growing lump in my throat before turning my head to make eye contact with the little boy, my gaze laced with fear as a warning.

"i brought a guest with me, she's the one i've been talking to you about"
Baekhyun finally shifts in his spot, his eyes traveling to meet the young boy's.

i can feel beads of sweat forming on my temples and forehead, my feet glued to the wooden flooring of the porch.

with fear written all over my sweaty face, i mouth 'go', shifting my gaze back to Baekhyun almost immediately to see if he saw me.

to my surprise, the boy's lips stretch into a soft and innocent smile before he looked away, breaking our gaze.

"she's pretty"
he finally speaks, laughter escaping from his mouth soon after.

tears fill my eyes as i come to my senses. he's become friends with Baekhyun, clueless about his true colors and nature.

what has Baekhyun done.

i'm forcefully pulled out of my thoughts once i hear a faint female voice from inside the house, my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach almost immediately.

"jim, dinner is ready"
she sings happily, referring to who i think is her husband.

the boy's body swings around to the sound of his mother's voice, his smile only growing.

"great! we came just in time, i'm starving"
Baekhyun's husky voice sends chills down my spine and i watch him take a step towards the boy, his grip around my waist forcing me along with him.