10

Previously:
"You alright?"
The familiar sound of the boy grabs my attention and I immediately look up, my vision still blurry.

How could I be alright?

He bends down to my level, his thigh supporting his elbow. He stares deep into my eyes, a genuine soft smile across his smooth lips.

"Stop crying, it's not you"
He softly speaks, his voice calm and reassuring.

***

"Take me home!"
I try to yell, my voice weak and shaky. I drop my head down, my tears soaking my dress.

In return, I earn a light squeeze to my shoulder. His slender thumb caresses my bare collarbone and he slightly shakes me to look up at him.

I forcefully look into his deep eyes, getting lost in them instantly. His eyes are glued on me, with genuine interest and desire.

"You wouldn't want to walk into your house with a bunch of policemen around, would you?"
He speaks with excitement in his voice, the smirk on his face captivating and threatening at the same time.

"Jerk"
I mutter, turning my head to look away from him, feeling disgusted and utterly mad.

How could he have such a big grin across his face while referring to my dead family?

"Get up now, it's getting cold"
He speaks softly as he pushes himself off of the ground, patting down his pants to flatten it.

My eyes unintentionally follow him, but I remain stationary on the floor. I have no strength to get up.

I also don't want to. I don't want to go anywhere with this psychopath.

The boy's gaze on me is strong, his face emotionless as he stuffs his delicate hands in his pockets.

"Leave me alone"
I bravely speak, pushing myself off of the ground. I stumble back, trying to regain my balance by leaning against the wall.

I hear a dry chuckle escape from the boy's lips but I ignore it, swallowing the growing lump in my throat. I roughly wipe my cheeks with the back of my hands, blinking a few times to clear my blurry vision.

The boy's attention is on me, completely. It is as if I'm the only thing keeping him entertained or whatever.

"Why so bitter, princess? Brighten up a bit"
He flashes me a soft half smile, raising an eye brow. His tone is so calm and captivating that I immediately bite my lower lip, tightening my brows.

Focus.

He pulls open the door of the passenger's seat, opening it all the way. He has his eyes still on me, letting out a long sigh.

No way I'm getting in that car.

"Fuck off"
I mumble, my weakness seeping through my words.

"You have a dirty mouth for such a classy girl"
He fires back, annoyance lacing through his voice as he speaks.

I clench my teeth and run my fingers through my hair, my body trembling.

I need to run, now.

And so, I start running away from him.