47

hi loves! i've finally come to a conclusion that publishing two chapters a month will work with my schedule so set your calendars for every 7th and 21st.

ALSO, there is a major throwback hidden somewhere in this chapter. whoever finds it first is a real one ;)

previously:
i pull the trigger, boom.

the look on my uncle's face almost satisfies me as he falls to his knees, his facial expression droopy.

"only i know you, love"
baekhyun chuckles and i feel his hand grip on to my waist, the both of us staring down at my uncle's mobil state, tears slowly wetting my cheeks from anger.

***

i spent the way back home choking on my breath, all kinds of thoughts leaking out of my distressed mind in the form of beads of sweat.. and when the car came to a halt by the front gate, i waited to baekhyun to park and tell me to step out.

"okay"
that was all i said before taking laggard steps to my designated room, not bothered by baekhyun's constant blabbering about what had happened.

i make sure to close the door, contemplating on locking it but i just end up walking to my bed. i slip out of the fabric i was covered in, the heat in my body insulating the icy temperature in my room.

i don't give my teeth or hair any attention before collapsing on to the bouncy mattress, covering my partially covered bare skin.

my eyes shut and i fall into a deep sleep within what seems like a matter of seconds, distressed and exhausted from tonight's events.

...

i can see him at stand frozen at the corner of the room, his shadow growing closer towards me. the moonlight being my only source of light, i stand panting as the tip of his shadow becomes one with the floor, my feet submerged in his presence. i want to move, save myself, disappear but i can't. "look at you, all hopeless and scared" his voice is so deep that it's almost inaudible. i can feel my body shaking as he raises a figure up to my arm. this is just his shadow, it's not real. i remind myself, almost convincing myself but the second my eyes divert to the figure at the corner, it's gone. instantly, i'm pushed deep into a pool of blood, the red color and distinct scent immediately familiar to me. i try to push myself up, but no matter how much i swing and wave my arms around my floating body, i don't move. i experience a shortage of oxygen as i struggle to swim to the source of this red ocean, my eyes widening the moment i see him. i scream.

...

with complete terror, i'm woken by the sound of my own screams, my hands grasping to the sheets so tightly that my knuckles are white.

it was a dream, it wasn't real.

i pant as the dream vividly floats in my mind, 'him' becoming my main question. who?

almost immediately, i hear rushed footsteps get louder and the door swings open, the handle slamming against the wall with force.

baekhyun stands in the door frame, messy haired, heavy breathing and confusing.

without a word, he runs to me with all his might, dropping to his knees and pulling me into an embrace that makes me question his personality.

his arms are tightly around me, protecting and comforting me from my nightmare, his rapidly moving chest a firm pillow to my forehead.

"i-i"
i struggle to explain myself, my heart still pounding out of my chest as i cling on to his loose shirt.

"sh, i know"
he almost whispered, his voice subtle and soothing as his hands caressed my bare back sweetly. 

i don't bother responding to his questionable answer, using his as a refuge to secure myself from the darkness of my dream.

as my heart beat calms and my breathing elongates, i look up at his distressed face, his eyes glowing in the dark so beautifully that i completely forget about the sudden scare that i just had.

his gaze rest on my face with no motives, his hot breath hitting my skin like a breeze.

i suddenly get an unexplainable desire to touch his face, so i lift my arms and lightly drag my cold fingers down his temples to his neck, my breathing picking up its speed once again. he doesn't move an inch, his eyes set on me as our breaths fill the space between us.

i'm not sure what caused this sudden transition of emotions, but my excuse is valid. i just murdered someone and i need distraction.

***
who was 'he'?
what do you think is gonna happen?