#13, The Second Condition

"Mae!" I heard a screechy voice call my name.

I recognized the voice and turned around rolling my eyes.

"Hey Stephanie! How can I help you?" I said putting on a fake smile but I know what she wants.

"You can help me by staying away-" 

"From Ryan Stone." I completed cutting her off.

"Yes, if you know then why don't you do it?" She snapped

"Because it's my life I can do whatever I want, and since when did I started following your orders?" I snapped back glaring.

"Do whatever you want, I don't care, but stay away from what is mine." She warned making me scoff.

"Ryan is mine." She stated.

I started laughing hard at the situation as she looked at me as if I had grown two heads.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked irritated.

"Just thinking how cliché the situation is." I said controlling myself.

"The so called popular guy starts hanging out with the unsocial 'nerd' and the popular jealous girl threatens her to stay away claiming him as hers, while in reality it's not true." I said making her cheeks turn red.

"Didn't what happen in the morning enough for you?" I glared at her while she just smirked.

"Keep your attitude in check you nerd, you are just an ugly, useless person with no life." She smirked while I seethed in anger.

"Mae!" I heard Ryan call me from behind as he made his way towards me.

"I am sure even he is just fooling around with you and eventually he'll get bored and leave you just like your....," She started but didn't complete it looking behind me at Ryan coming towards us. She then looked back at me and smirked.

"You know what I mean, see you around." She said and walked away patting my shoulder twice.

I stood there feeling sick at the mention of...I didn't even want to remember that person, the person whom once I cherished the most but now hated the most. Stephanie is the only person who knows what happened since she happened to be there that day. I felt tears well up in my eyes but I blinked them away when Ryan reached me.

"Hey." He said softly looking at me concerned.

"Hi!" I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster.

"What did she say?" He asked narrowing his eyes at me.

I gulped and looked away, "W-who? There is no one here."

"I saw her talking to you, she said something didn't she? I can look right through your fake smile." He stated glaring while my smile dropped and I frowned.

"Mae.." He said softly cupping my cheeks and looking in my eyes, their intensity made my stomach churn, but in a good way.

"Tell me? Please?" He pleaded looking genuinely worried. Her words swirled in my mind

  He is just fooling around with you. 

I looked at him and decided to tell him straight away.

"She told me to stay away from you since you belong with her and that you are just messing with me and will leave me when you get bored." I stated blankly, I don't see the point in keeping such things to oneself, if it's true then I can save myself from future disappointment and heartbreak. And I know how painful it is.

His eyes went wide with anger but was replaced with sadness then determination, "Don't you ever think like that, understood? She is the one who should stay away not you and I am not playing you okay? I will never do such a thing to you! You are my eve-...." He said but stopped himself.

"My sunshine." He smiled making me smile at him.

"Let's go." He said holding my hand while I nodded.

I didn't tell him about that person, I don't want to remember that, I have tried so hard to forget it but now when she has mentioned it again. Everything has come crashing back. I don't know how he will react to it and I am scared to lose him, I am sure he will understand but..I don't know. All I know is I can't lose him.

I don't want to lose him.

..................................................................................................................................

"I know there is something bothering you." Ryan said when we reached my house.

"What? No there is nothing!" I laughed trying to keep my voice normal.

"I know you." He stated.

"Oh yeah?" I challenged smirking at him while he smirked back.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my body flush against his. Butterflies danced in my stomach and I blushed hard. He smirked satisfied at my reaction towards him.

He bent forward and buried his face in my neck making me hold onto his arms for support since my knees turned to jelly.

"Time for my second condition." He said his hot breath fanning my skin making me shiver and my thoughts cloud. 

"W-what?" I asked dazed.

"Go on a date with me." He whispered in my ear. 

______________________________________________________

Sorry for any typos!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Cookies!