Ryan's POV

CHAPTER 3:

I wipe the sweat off my face after delivering the last punch.

The person groaned holding his nose with both hands while lying on the ground of the abandoned alley. I bend forward and grab him by the lapels of his shirt which was smeared with blood. 

"It's the last warning to you. Submit or leave." I grit my teeth and push him back.

He heaves and rolls to the side, "won't....submit. No...not today..n-never." He stutters coughing and spits blood.

I stand up straight clenching my jaw and look at Asher once standing next to me.

He nods once before reaching inside his jacket and I turn around to leave. 

" Another down." Ray says giving a sadistic smirk as we hear the gun shots. I don't reply keeping my face straight. The adrenaline rush was too much and was making my head ache, I hear the muffled music of some club and my feet automatically turns in that direction, right now I needed a distraction or I will personally shoot anyone who stands in my way.

Asher joins after a minute and we walk in the club. The bouncer gives a nod of acknowledgement and lets us in without a word. He knows who we are.

The club was packed as usual. Asher and Ray went to the lounge area and I made my way to the bar counter to get me a drink.

"Hey Stone." Aron greets from behind the counter and I return the greeting.

"The usual." I tell him and he gives a thumbs up before making the drink. I usually don't drink alcohol but on some days, like today, it was all that I needed.

I gulp it in one go and rest my head on my arm for a minute to calm my nerves down. I order for one more drink and take it to join the other two.

I was already annoyed and the stupid dancing drunk people constantly bumping into me added to my already worse mood.

Some random guy bumped in my side and I looked at him with my death glare, he gulped and moved to the other side. I shake my head once.

One more bump and that person will be six feet under.

I had walked one step when a girl stumbled into me making my drink splash on my shirt. 

I close my eyes once, the anger reaching its peak. 

Be prepared to die.

But everything goes down the drain when I open my eyes to meet the afraid blue ones staring back at me. The eyes that have haunted my dreams since years and I always wanted to run away from, it freezes me in my place for a few moments as I see Mae Waters standing in front of me. 

She is the girl who makes me want to run away from her and at the same time make her stay with me. She reminds me of all the things that happened, the memories I never want to dwell on, she brings all of them back making my cold facade vulnerable but at the same time makes a warm feeling seep in me, gives me hope. She makes me aware of my surroundings, of myself, like my raw feelings are exposed to the world. Shows me the light towards which I want to walk. She is the girl I love and hate at the same time. Love because she is the light and hate because she can easily walk through my walls affecting me with the reality from which I have always tried to run away, holds the power to break me at once, and I don't like that. At all. She is too pure for my dark sinful world and I don't want to be selfish. 

"Umm...I-I-I am so s-sorry." Her voice brings me out of my internal monologue and the fear in her eyes softens me up a little. All I wanted to do was turn around and go away from her but my feet were stuck.