Twelve: A Promise, Departure, Nico Robin, and the Revelation

Its been about three days after the celebration. Luffy's wounds healed quickly, and the poison in his system had followed soon after. Sylvie, to the confusion of the crew was barely seen in those three days, but they guess she had no reason to stay and wait for Luffy, knowing he would be perfectly fine. She had returned to the feast, Nico Robin not with her, and quietly observed the crew's actions during the entire meal. That is, until Luffy's brother's name was mentioned.

She had spit out her drink and stared at the captain. "Ace...?"

"Yeah! He's my big brother!" Luffy had replied cheerfully.

"So...what does he look like?" She said, all signs of surprise gone from her expression, which was now calculating. The rest of the crew either didnt notice or paid it no mind.

"Well, he has black hair-like mine-but the bangs are at the sides of his face. The rest of his hair is kinda wavy though...and he has freckles! I used to connect them with a marker back when we were kids, though." Luffy laughs. Sylvie's face here is thoughtful. "He has lots of muscles, and this huge tattoo on his back that he says is his crew's flag!"

"Ace is a captain...?" Sylvie asked, Luffy shook his head.

"Nope! Not anymore. He said that he wants to make the Shirohige-ossan Pirate King, but I'm going to be the Pirate King! So I'll just have to fight the ossan!" Luffy's grin spread wide.

"What's his full name?"

"Ace's full name?" Sylvie nodded. Could it really be him?

"Portgas D. Ace!" Luffy replied. "Badass name, isn't it? See, he named his crew the Spade Pirates, and his name was Ace, so he was called 'The Ace of Spades'!" Luffy continued his rambling as the rest of the crew continued their cheer-filled activities. However, Sylvie no longer paid any attention to that, as the name echoed in her mind.

Portgas D...Ace

Portgas D. Rouge

Gol D. Rouge

Gol D. Roger.

Ace.

Gol D. Ace

Her eyes widened. "It can't be..."

--Flashback Time!--

--Flashback Time!--

A woman laid in the infirmary of a ship. She had strawberry blonde hair and childish freckles. Beside her was a tall, powerful man...whose eyes were filled with love and compassion. A young girl with pure white hair smiled beside the doctor. The woman had a noticeable buldge around her midsection. The man smiled.

"If it's a girl, Ann. If it's a boy...Ace." He said lovingly. Everyone in the room smiled. Another doctor rushed in with papers and a smile.

"Its a boy!"

----------------------

They had finally come out of 'hiding'. It was the day he decided to start the plan. They had already encountered marines, and Roger had already agreed to go with them.