Fifteen: Mock Town, The D in Marshall D. Teach

The next day, they finally arrived late-afternoon. It was a lawless town, Sylvie saw criminals left and right.

Luffy, Zoro, and Nami headed into town to look around and gather information. Sylvie teamed with Robin to gather information on the other, shadier side of town, knowing Luffy and Zoro would only cause trouble there if they knew.

The two females walked side by side down the streets, and the younger shuddered. They received more than enough smirks and suggestive glances from the passersby, and she wanted nothing at the moment but to hightail it out of there and back to the Merry. But she didn't want to leave Robin to these jerks, either. So she decided to go with it. They went into a few shops for provisions first, then began their search for information.

At one point, Robin noted, Sylvie froze and looked in a certain direction, but continued walking. She would ask later.

They went into the first bar. (She noted the sign... "Pub--and pies" She found it pretty simple. So was the place the only area you can find pies around here?) All eyes went to them and lingered, but no one said anything and soon the attention was dropped once they showed no signs to start a fight.

Silently, the duo made their way to the bartender.

Sylvie spoke up first and ordered some rum, Robin had wine. Sylvia drank it all, and guardian angels don't get drunk, so she held no signs of stopping. But enough about the drink.

There was an interesting conversation going on behind them.

At a table, there were some rowdy men, speaking of someone named Montblanc Cricket. The surname sounded awfully familiar but Sylvie for the life of her couldn't place where or when she had heard it. Robin nudged her and she nodded to inform the older woman that she had heard.

"Yeah, them fools jes' like that ol' Montblanc Cricket we ran outta town long ago, believin' in them dreams of gold and Sky Island." At the mention, Sylvie looked up from her drink. "A real foolish son a gun I tells y'all!" The drunk man declared.

"The guy wont survive in the new era!"

At this point, Robin stood up and seductively walked over to the drunk group. Other men in the bar watched her, and she leaned over the table.

"Tell me more about this 'Montblanc Cricket'..." She began. Sylvie  followed Robin to the table and let out a forced but believable giggle and sent the men a cheeky grin.

"Where does this old coot live, fellas?"

"Ah, you heard us, gals? Whaddya want from the old fool? I heard he finally found some gold, yer after that?" The man slurred, eyeing the two.

"Something like that. Ran out of town you say?" Robin continued.

"Yeah, him and his old dreams. Won't survive in the new era. He has this place though on the other side of the island." The man rolled out a map from inside his jacket and pointed to the left side of the island. "This town here's Mocktown...." His finger crossed the paper to an X opposite the town. "And this is where the fool should be."

"Thank you sir." Sylvie sent a fake smile. Hey, at least they can leave now. They have a lead.

"Hey!" called out one of the men, "If you want some dreams, I can give ya one if you waltz on over here and join me! What'cha say, cutie?" He asked the tactician, and she wanted nothing more than to take that booze bottle in his hand and smash it all over his ugly mug. Her eye twitched. Robin caught it, a smile lightly played among her lips in amusement.

That smile didnt falter as a whistle was sent in her direction. Another one jabbed at the older woman.

"Tenshi-san..."