Chapter 6

~Aiden’s POV~

            As I drove to Scar and Ray’s house none of us spoke. I was to busy thinking about what I did at school before we left. This couldn’t be good. Why was I so protective over Scar? Did it have anything to do with what I was? I would have to ask father or chief. They would probably know.

            I glanced at Scar in the mirror and she was in deep thought as well. I smiled slightly at her but then shook it off. I could not like her! Never ever! She’d be in danger and she and I have been enemies for years now, and it’s not going to change. But deep inside I knew I didn’t want to be her enemy. I never wanted to get close to her because I knew this would happen, that feeling that I got when I first saw her made me upset, so I made her hate me.

            I pulled into their drive way and we all got out. I grabbed my books and I followed Scar up to her room to study. We walked and we sat on her bed.

            “What page was homework tonight?” I asked her then noticed how depressed she looked. Earlier she just looked like she was in deep thought now it has changed.

            “Language arts was to read the poem on 193 and answer the ten questions on page 194. Math was page 100 1-25. Science was to finish the pages she gave us. And in history we have no homework.” I chuckled to myself. Our History teacher was really cool; he never really gave us anything to do. I noticed Scar had pulled out her books as well and she began to do the work. Doesn’t she normally have it finished by now?

            “Woah, you didn’t finish it by now? I’m shocked.” She sighed and continued working.

            “My mind has been elsewhere today.” I nodded my head knowing what she meant, well not fully but similar.

            After an hour of working I finished the Language Arts and Math with a breeze compared to the Science. That was a different story. I looked over and saw Scar was done and watching me work.

            “Hey Aiden?” I stiffened but kept working. I was hoping she hadn’t got any clues on what I am and that she was going to ask me about it. “I have a question for you.”

            “What is it? You can ask.” I looked at her and her face turned red. *She is so cute when she blushes. Wait! NO AIDEN!*

            “Well, my brother said something this morning that kind of upset me. And I was wondering. Well, when you pull your grades way up and everything, you’re not going to need me anymore, and I really have been enjoying your company.” I stared at her as she tried to think of a way to put whatever she was going to say. “I don’t know why I enjoy having you over, but I don’t feel as alone when you’re here. I was wondering that once you do pass, and you don’t need my help anymore, can we still,” She paused as her face turned even redder. “Can we still hang out?” I gasped and stared at her like she had just grown two heads. She was staring down at her bed not wanting to look at me. I could feel my heart race and happiness bubble up. She wanted me to stay with her; even after all we’ve done to each other.

            “Yes. I would like that.” I told her smiling at her hoping she’d look at me soon. She quickly snapped her head towards me.

            “Really?!” I nodded and smiled at her. She hugged me tightly and I could tell she was smiling. Her body felt so cold against mine since my now natural body temperature is around 104. I hugged her back and breathed her scent in. Her scent was truly amazing, it drove me insane, she drove me insane, but in a good way. I’ve always wanted to feel her arms around me and I didn’t want to let go. I knew I would have to eventually let her go, but I knew that once she finds out what I truly I am that she’d never want to see me again so I wanted to make it last for as long as possible.

            We separated and I went back to work as she left the room. I heard her talking downstairs to Marcus and he was going on and on about how Scar and I should go out. I laughed to myself and continued on my homework.

            When I finally finished I stayed on the bed and looked around her room. I never noticed how neat it was, but something that caught my eye was all of her wolf books and books on lycanthropy. My breath caught in my throat as I walked over and pulled out one of the books. When I opened it, notes fell out. As I read over the notes I didn’t notice she had walked in.

            “I see you found my secret obsession.” I turned real fast to see Scar setting down the plate of snacks for us. She walked over next to me and stared at the book in my hand. “I know it’s really weird, but for the longest of times I’ve been interested in Werewolves and wolves in general. Fascinating, Beautiful, Cunning creatures they are.” I nodded my head at her and she sighed. “Please don’t tell anyone about this.”

            “I will not tell anyone. But tell me have you ran into any werewolves?” She shook her head and glared at me thinking it was an insult. I kept a stern look on my face. “Would you like to?” Her eyes widened and she looked at me like I was crazy. I smiled at her. “Come on then. I want to show you something.” I took her hand and we ran downstairs. We walked to the door and were about to leave until Ray stopped us.

            “And where do you two think you’re going?” He crossed his arms.

            “To thank Scar for all she has done, I am going to take her out for dinner. I will have her back by 9. I promise.” Ray gave me an unsure look. “Ray, I’m your best friend. Trust me.” He sighed and said fine. Scar and I hopped in my car and I was going to show her what I was, I was going to tell her and it would be our secret.

            I spend down the highway towards my neighborhood.

            “Aiden?! Where are we going? And you’re going 20 over the speed limit!” I glanced at Scar who now was gripping the door pocket tightly. I ignored her and pulled into my drive when we arrived. I got out and then opened her door for her, and then I helped her out.

            “Aiden! Good you’re back let…Who’s this?” I turned to see others from my pack behind me. It’s scary how fast they are sometimes. I stared into the leaders eyes and told him what was going on.

            “I understand Aiden, but are you sure it is safe? Can we trust her?” I nodded my head.

            “Tell me what? Aiden! What’s going on?” I grabbed her hand and led her out to the woods.

            “You said you study lycanthropy, and you want to see a werewolf then I will show you one.” Drake grabbed her arm and pulled her back from me. I smiled assuringly at her and then I breathed for a second hoping she wouldn’t be scared. I transformed and heard a gasp come from her.