Chapter 28

~Scar’s POV~

          I lied on the beach on my towel tanning up some as Alice and Charlotte went for a swim. I was almost asleep until I felt shade over my body. I opened my eyes and looked up and saw an extremely cute guy. He smiled down at me.

            “Hiya.” He laughed.

            “Hi, I’m sorry but who are who?”

            “Spencer Eves.” I stood up and shook his hand.

            “I’m Scarlett Rosca.” I felt his eyes travel down my body then back to my face.

            “I’ve never senn you around before, you new?”

            “I’m here for my sweet 16.”

            “HEY SCAR! CAREFUL AIDEN MIGHT JUMP OUT OF THE BUSHES AND ATTACK!” I heard my friends yell from the water. I rolled my eyes.

            “Aiden?”

            “My boyfriend.” He smirked.

            “You know, we could alwa-“ I cut him off.

            “No. And my friends are taken as well.” He just laughed.

            “Figured as much. I’m actually one of Arisiel’s friends. She sent me to teach you guys about water bending.”

            “Are you one too?!” I gawked at him trying to imagine him with a tail.

            “In a sense yes. I’m more of a half breed kind of deal. I don’t have a tail but I can stay under water for a large amount of time. I can bend water better than Arisiel or any mermaid for that matter.”

            “That is so cool!” I looked over to my friends in the water. “IT’S OK GUYS! HES ONE OF ARISIEL’S FRIENDS!!” They held a thumb up and went away swimming. “So how are you a half breed?” I asked while walking with him.

            “My mother was a mermaid and dad a human. And the human gene just so happened to be more dominant than the mermaid one. Which is cool with me.”

            “That’s kind of cool.” He laughed and we walked back to the house we were staying in.

            “Dear! Aiden’s worried again! Its been about a week and he sounds like he’s ready to stroke out.” I looked over at Spencer.

            “One moment please.” I ran in and grabbed my phone and ran back out and sat on the steps with Spencer. “You can either not talk the entire time, or sound gay.” He gave me a puzzled look.

            “Extremely jealous boyfriend?”

            “You have no idea.” I chuckled and called him.

“Hey baby!”

“Hey hey! Mom said you’re about to stroke out.”

“Yeah, well I miss you so frikkin much. Come home now please!!!” He begged me. Even over the phone it was super cute.

“I’m sorry, I’m here for one more week and then I’m coming home.”

“Yay!!” He cheered. “So, do you have a tan?”

“Yupp and it’s pretty sexy too.”

“You’re sexy even without it.” I blushed and realized Spencer was hearing everything we were saying.