Chapter 12

~Scar’s POV~

          It’s been a week since Aiden and the others left and we haven’t heard word from them. No phone calls, no texts, nothing. Of course it didn’t surprise me much, Aiden never remembered to grab his phone, which was very unhandy. I was beginning to get anxious but Mike would assure that everything was alright. Ray was worried as well, but he was worried because he hasn’t seen his best friend in a week.

            School had just ended and Mike ran up to me and gave me a huge hug just like Aiden would, where he would pick me up and spin me around. We stood at Mike’s car and waited for Ray. It was funny actually. Mike decided to be funny so he jumped out the window and knocked on the front door and my brother answered. And after he “left” my brother questioned me about who that was and that he has never seen him around school until now.

            Ray ran out of the school and told me he had to stay for practice and he would get one of his friends to drive him to school.

            For the next 2 days it was the same exact routine, but today was different. I sat in Math class taking notes being more bored than normal. I glanced at the desk behind me and wished Aiden’s body was filling that seat. I dozed off until I felt a vibration against my leg. It was my cell phone. While the teacher wasn’t looking I pulled put my ophone and read the text.

            From: Unknown

We got them, and we will be home in a few days, 2 tops. I miss you so much and can’t wait to see you again.

Tears of joy began falling down my face because I knew who it was from. I looked over at Mike who had got the same text. He had the biggest smile. The tears didn’t stop but I really didn’t want them to.

            “Ms. Rosca? Are you all right?” I heard the teacher ask. I hid my phone and realized everyone in the room was staring at me. I gave her a huge smile.

            “I’m better than alright.” She gave a confused look at went back to teaching.

            When the bell rung I darted out the door and basically danced all the way to Mike’s car. I haven’t been this happy in 9 days, and I had a lot of happiness to get rid of. While waiting for my brother we decided that Mike and I would hang at his house for a while until they came back, which was fine with me.

            40 hours later my cell rang again and I quickly looked at it.

            From: Unknown

            We’re back.

            Mark and I darted out the door and straight to his house. When we got there though…something was odd. We didn’t see the boys, we saw no one. I looked at Mike confused as we carefully got out of the car. We looked around for any sign of them.

            “Maybe they haven’t shown up yet. Maybe they were just saying that they are close.” I said laughing nervously and Mike nodded. It felt like an eternity passed until suddenly we saw two figures come out of the woods and approach us. My heart raced but not in a good way.

            Both Mike and I gasped.

            “Not who you were expecting was it?”

______________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's so short~ But I couldnt think of anything. Thanks for reading!