Chapter 27

~Scar’s POV~

            We’ve been here for two days and we grabbed the radio and threw on our bathing suits and we ran to the beach. We laid out towels and turned the radio on. We turned it all the way up and put sunscreen on. We dashed for the water and ran in. Some people were out surf boarding and others were lying on their towels. We swam around until about dusk and that’s where things began to get odd. Everyone but us three had left the beach and I saw someone near the edge of the rocks. I assumed Alice and Charlotte saw it as well so we went swimming over there. The persons back was turned and they had long beautiful blue hair that looked natural.

            “Uhm hello?” Alice asked. The girl turned around and looked at us with a confused look on her face.

            “Who are you?” She asked. She was beautiful like no homo or anything but she looked near perfect.

            “I’m Scarlett, just call me Scar.” I smiled at her.

            “I’m Alice.”

            “And I’m Charlotte.” The girl smiled at us.

            “I’m Arisiel. Are you three humans?” I looked at her confused.

            “Yes, but aren’t you as well.” Charlotte asked.

            “No sillies. I am a Mermaid.” Our jaws dropped.

            “There is no way!” We said together. She smiled and swam under the water then she jumped up above it showing a beautiful shiny blue tail. The three of us nearly fainted. We all went over and sat on the rocks.

            “So do you have legs?” Charlotte asked. Arisiel nodded her head and she closed her eyes and waved a hand over her tail and in its place appeared two legs. She then dipped them in the water and it turned back into a tail.

            “Whenever I touch water my tail pops out.”

            “That is so cool. Is there any way to become a mermaid?” Alice asked. Arisiel nodded her head with a smile.

            “Meet me here at midnight if it is what you wish.” Then she dived under the water and swam away. All three of us looked at each other.

            “Well?” I asked.

            “What should we do?”  It got silent between us for a while. We all walked back to the house and I ran to mom.

            “Mom I need to call someone. Please let me have my phone.” She raised an eyebrow.

            “Isa it Aiden?”

            “No ma’am. It is someone else. I need to ask him a question.” She handed me my phone and I stepped outside and called Arson.

“Hello.”

“Hey Arson! I have a question.”

“Ok, shoot.”

“You said I had the gene to be you know what right?”

“Yes.”

“Is it possible for me to become something else?” He sighed.

“I knew you’d ask this. Ok I guess I have to explain a little better. I had only picked up the werewolf gene in your blood line but I did more research and I picked up many other genes of creatures. You kind of have the free will of any of them.” My mouth dropped.

“Is there anyway of combining them?” I joked.

“Actually yes.”

“So like, I could be a mermaid in water, and then have the speed of a vampire, and the ability to understand werewolves and such?”

“Well that’s quite an example. Would you also like to grow wings and fly?”

“Can I?!?!”

“Nope just messing with you. But yes it would be possible for you to have all three of those things plus more.” I began jumping around and smiling like a goofball. “Wait, why?”

“No reason. So how do I combine all of that stuff?”

“I’m beginning to think I shouldn’t be telling you this, anyways. First you would have to be surrounded be more than one species for it to work and you would already have to be some sort of creature. Now I’m curious, why do you want to know?”

“I love you Arson! Bye!” I hung up.

            I ran inside and gave my mother my phone. I went into the room and looked at my two friends who were talking it over.

            “Any decisions made?” I asked them walking in.

            “We want to do it. I mean that would be amazing!” I nodded my head.

            “Well if you two are in then I am too.” We hugged each other and acted as if we were going to sleep.

            When we were sure my mother was asleep we snuck out the window and ran to the beach and sat on the rocks waiting. By the time we got there it was 11:58.

            “She should be here any minute now.” Suddenly there was a loud splash in front of us.

            “I see you all came!” She swam up to us and hand us each a necklace with a small shell as the charm, all three were different. “Put these on and we shall swim.” We looked at her and put the necklaces on and we swam after her. Fir what seemed like ages she finally stopped. “Well that was slower than normal.” She laughed to herself.

            “Sorry that we’re slow.” Alice said grinning.

            “How far out are we exactly?” I asked.

            “Really really deep into the ocean. Do you see where that shining spot is?” We looked out a ways and nodded our heads. “Swim into that one at a time and think of a tail and gills instead of feet then kiss your necklace and whatever you do don’t take it off. How would like to start?” I raised my hand and swam over. As soon as I hit the light I felt a tingling sensation and I felt the water then push me away. I looked down and I had a frikkin tail!!! I gawked at it and swam to my friends who were going on their turn. Alice returned with a purple tail and Charlotte with a golden one.

            “Now that that is done, we can try out your powers.”

            “Powers?” We asked her. She nodded her head.

            “You can bend water, talk to sea creatures, swim really fast, breath under water, and you can heal yourself.” Both girls looked at me while I laughed nervously.

            “That will probably come in handy with me.” She laughed and we tested our powers until about three in the morning. We all headed back towards land and none of us knew how to change back to legs.

            “Uhm, Ari, what do we do about our tails?”

            “Close your eyes and run your hand over your tail and imagine having feet again.” We sat on the rocks and did as we were told and there we were back in our bathing suits and with legs. We stood up and were about to leave.

            “Hey Ari, want to meet us here tomorrow and you can teach us more?” I asked. She nodded her head.

            “I would be glad too. Until then, goodbye my new friends.” Then she swam off. We all ran back to the house and went back though the window.

            “Amazing!” We all said and went to bed.