Chapter 9

~Aiden’s POV~

            I drove as fast as I could to my house to get some answers. When I got home and quickly hopped out of my car leaving it on because I wouldn’t be long, I hoped. I ran inside to my father’s office and saw he and chief were in there.

            “Son? What is wrong?” My father asked me. Chief stared at me and the pack ran in as well.

            “What are you guy’s doing here?” They looked at me knowingly.

            “We are your pack and we want to be here when you finally realize it!” They said tighter.

            “Realize what?!”

            “You’ll see. Just ask.” Alexander chuckled. I looked at father and chief and told them of Scar and of the things I’ve been feeling recently. They listened patiently while the pack behind me was basically jumping up and down. After I finished my father had a huge grin on his face as the chief nodded with a small smile.

            “Son, you’ve imprinted.” I looked at him with wide eyes. I’ve heard of imprinting before but I didn’t think it was true. “You imprinted on her the instant you saw her.” My heart began racing because those words felt right. I liked the sound of her being called my imprint.

            They explained to me the details of imprinting and everything and it took up about a good hour. Through the entire time my mind wandered to two different thoughts.

            *I wonder what Scar is doing right now.* and *Will Scar except me if I told her I imprinted on her?*

~Scar’s POV~

            I walked up to my room and began looking through some old werewolf legends and stuff like that and something caught my eye.

            “Imprinting?”  I said to myself. I put the book up and sighed. I walked over to my window and opened it. I sat on the window sill and stared at the moon. I remained like that until I heard a car pull up. I gasped when I saw it was Aiden’s car. I felt my heart leap.

            *He kept his promise!* I hopped off the window sill and ran downstairs.

            “Ray! I’ll be home later!” I ran to the door.

            “Where are you going?” I stopped and remembered that he had Alice’s number but not Charlotte’s so I smirked and looked at him.

            “Charlotte and I are going out for a bite and I’m spending the night at her house. Bye.” And I ran out the door and ran into the arms of Aiden. He hugged me tightly then I remembered we had to go before Ray saw us. I pushed him to his car and then I hopped in the passenger side. He looked at me confused.

            “I’ll tell you in a second. Just go.” He laughed and drove off.

            “So mind telling me what’s going on?” I laughed nervously.

            “I told my brother Charlotte and I were going for a bite and then I’m spending the night at her house.” I pulled out my phone and called Charlotte.

“Hey Char Char. I told my bro we were going to get a bite and that I was spending the night at your house. Can you cover for me? And if he calls then uhm, do an impression of my voice, or something like that.”

            “Ok. You’re lucky Alice is here and that you two sound alike. But I have a question.”

            “Yes?”