Chapter 13

~Aiden’s POV~

            We chased after the Vampires all the way to a river and they dived into it and they quickly swam back the other way. We all split up and met up at the edge of the woods. We had lost there scent so we changed into our human forms and walked around town looking for them after we got clothes on. I walked into a store and saw them with a phone you just buy and get minutes on. I also saw they had my phone.  They saw me, broke my phone and ran. I chased after them and mentally told the others where I was.

            I followed them back to the woods and transformed, and chased after them. The others would catch up soon. Suddenly they stopped, kicked me back and made me fall in the river. The tide was fast and I hit a sharp rock. I whimpered in pain and the last thing I saw was them running off.

*No! Scar!* Then I fell unconscious. I still felt water filling my lungs causing a burning sensation.

            What felt like hours later I was yanked out of the water. I looked up and saw James.

*Thanks. I thought I was going to die.*

*Can you change to your human form?* I tried to change but I was to weak to do anything.

*No. Wait, where are the others?*

*They’re on the Vampires tails. Hopefully they’ll get them before they get to Scar.* My heart nearly stopped.

*Don’t say that*

*Sorry.* He grabbed me by the neck and threw me on his back.

*Well this is highly uncomfortable.* we both chuckled and James took off going as fast as he could with me on his back.

~Scar’s POV~

          I backed up a little bit.

            “Now, now. There’s nothing to fear. We’ll kill you fast and painlessly.” They said walking towards us. Mike transformed and jumped in front of me. But for some reason, I wasn’t scared. Mike attacked them but they threw him back. Mike whimpered in pain as I looked at them. Something ran through me as I stared at them, adrenaline maybe. I wasn’t sure what it was, but it gave me courage. Or maybe something else, maybe it was hope that any minute Aiden and the pack would jump through those bushes and kill them.

            “So how did you feel when you got those texts? Happy? Excited?” The one on the left smirked.

            “What do you want with me?” I asked trying to stall time.

            “Your blood, you dead, you out of the way, a reason for your lover to come and kill us or at least give us a good battle. Shall I go on?” I looked around for a possible weapon.

            “Why me though? What made you want me?” The one on the right answered this time.

            “Your little boyfriends reaction. His anger. His want to protect you. I’m guessing you are his imprint?” I didn’t say anything.

            “You know, I bet your lover has drowned by now. We last left him in a river. So maybe we’ll be doing you a favor, you can go join him in death.” My eyes widened and my fear suddenly hit me. Aiden may not come jumping through those bushes. I dropped to my knees and they walked faster and faster towards me until Mike got up and attacked them again.            

            He held off a good fight for a few minutes but I knew he wouldn’t last long. The tears that I have come so used to have returned.