Chapter One

I walked up the HUGE front porch and knocked on the door. I took a step back admiring the beautiful home I was going to be living in for the next year and smiled. The door opened and there stood my God-Brother Tyler Lockwood staring at me wide-eyed mouth opened.

"Close your mouth or you'll catch flies." I laughed.

"Is this my little Addie girl standing in front of me?!" He joked picking me up in a hug spinning me around. I hugged him back and he set me down grabbing two of my bags while I carried in my duffle bag, backpack and two other suitcases...I'm not a light packer. You never know what you might need. He showed me to my room and set all my stuff down.

"Your bathroom is right through there and my room is right across the hall." He smiled.

"Thank big Ty." I hugged him once again and kissed his cheek.

"I've missed you so much you know that?" He laughed.

"Samehere. Now where's that god-mother of mine?"

"In the backyard with Sheriff Forbes, we can go say Hi."

I walked behind him and he gave me the tour while we walked to the backyard. Once we got out there my god-mother turned to me and threw her hand over her mouth.

"Hi Carol." I smiled and she opened her arms widely for me.

I ran into them and hugged the life out of her.

"Adelaide look at you, you look so grown up. So so beautiful." She smiled.

"Thank you. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too dear. Oh, Sheriff this is my god-daughter Adelaide Jones, she will be living with Tyler and I for the next year while her parents go on some crazy expedition." I laughed and shook the sheriff's hand.

"Mom, I'm gonna take Addie with me to the Grill we will be back later okay?" Tyler said grabbing my arm.

Carol waved us off and we drove through the town arriving at the "Mystic Grill" Hmm. We walked in and Tyler immediately walked over to a very pretty blonde kissing her.I smiled and walked after him.

"Caroline, this is my god sister Addie I was telling you about. Addie this is my girlfriend Caroline." He smiled.

Caroline hugged me and I hugged her right back. We sat and talked and I met Matt, Bonnie, Jeremy, Elena, Stefan, and Stefan's brother Damon. They seemed like a fun group of people.

"Hey Addie you any good at pool?" Jeremy asked me.

"Very good."

"Want to play?"

I nodded and walked to the pool table. He racked them up and we played for what seemed like forever. I looked over my shoulder for a split second and met a glance with a guy talking to Stefan, Damon and Elena. He had chocolate brown eyes and a smirk that could make your heart flutter, mine sure did. I realized I was staring and looked away going to to my game of pool.

**KOL'S POV**

I was watching her from afar, her smile was to die; again for. She was absoluetly breathtaking. A smile formed on my face when I heard her laugh. She threw her head back with fits of laugher and I chuckled a bit. I was admiring her when Damon, Stefan and Elena walked up to.

"Kol.." Stefan spoke.

"Nope, I'm a ghost..boo!"

"Shut up Kol, where's Klaus?" Elena snapped.

"I will give you no details about the where abouts of my dear dear brother." I said sarcastically taking another sip of my whiskey.

"Tell us Kol. Not only to help us get him but for you." Elena fired at me again.

"I will only give you a hint, if you tell me the name of that young lady over there.." I said pointing to the beauty playing pool.

"Her name is Adelaide Jones, she's Tyler Lockwoods god-sister now fess up." Damon shot.

"Hmmm he's the one place you wouldn't expect him to be. Good day." I smirked walking past them to the pretty girl who was just staring at me moments ago.

**ADDIE'S POV**

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and turned to see the brown eyed hot guy smiling at me.

"Uhhh H-Hi." I stuttered.

"Hi love, I'm Kol Mikaelson your Adelaide Jones right?" He smiled holding out a hand.

I shook it and nodded.

"Mind if I play? I noticed the Gilbert boy left." He asked and I shook my head.

"You don't speak much do you?" He laughed.

"I do."

"AND SHE SPEAKS!" He yelled which earned a laugh from me.

He smirked at me and I smirked back. We had an interesting conversation over pool and an even more interesting conversation while we ate and got to know eachother. He told me how his family is pretty messed up and I told him about my parents always leaving. We talked about our futures and such, I really opened up to him. But something was definetly different about him, a good different.

He walked me home and we exchanged numbers.

"Well, it was lovely meeting you Adelaide. Goodnight." He kissed my hand and walked away turning around only to wave.

"It was lovely meeting you too, Kol." I whispered grabbing my hand and walking inside.

I walked upstairs and knocked on Tyler's door but there was no answer so I opened the door only to find his room completely empty. I shurgged my shoulders then walked to my bathroom taking a shower. I threw on some PJ's and fell asleep dreaming of brown eyes and perfect smirks.