Chapter Twelve

I woke up alone in Kol's bed and sat up wrapping his bed sheet around my naked body. I stood up and walked to the window looking outside. I heard the door open and I turned around to see Kol smiling at me.

"Hey lovely." He smiled.

"I've missed this Kol.."

"Missed what dear?"

"You, Mystic Falls, waking up in the morning not being afraid someone will find me and kill me because I'm special."

Kol ran over to me and rested his hand on my cheek.

"Did you really feel that way? Afraid that you could die?"

I nodded and he frowned. I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed the top of my head and I let a tear slip. It landed on his bare chest and I looked up at him.

"Are you still afraid?" He asked.

"Yes, I know who Silas is but..I mean I'm scared that because I'm an original hybrid, I'll loose you and Jeremy and everyone I love..I'm honestly alittle afraid of loosing Klaus as well. I know I'm powerful some say more powerful than Silas himself but I know when it comes down to it Silas will kill me."

I sniffed and he looked at me sadness in his eyes. He kissed me then smiled.

"I know exactly what you need." He said.

"A beer."

"No.." He laughed.

"A day out with your wonderful boyfriend." He continued.

I nodded and kissed him. I told him I was going to go home and change but as I was leaving he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I looked at him confused and he pulled me to another room. All my stuff was there and I looked up at him.

"You live here now Adelaide. Tyler gave the house to Matt while you were gone." He said.

"What about Carol?"

"Niklaus..killed your god mother. I know she is the only family you have but-"

I cut him off by kissing him and he was alittle taken back. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"What was that for? I mean I loved it but.." He laughed.

"Kol, your my family too. We've been together for almost 3 years and I do love you..Yes I am sad because I have lost my family but I have you. And since I have you..I'll be okay." I said.

He kissed my head and left me to do whatever. I sat on my bed and looked over to my night stand. There was the picture of Kol and I and beside it a picture of Tyler, Carol and I. Tyler has his arms around my waist picking up off the ground we are both laughing and then there's Carol laughing at the two of us. It was an unexpected picture..those are my favorite types of pictures. I looked away from the picture and got up to take a shower. I got out of the shower got dressed and did my hair and make then put on my shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror then walked out of my room. I walked down the stairs and saw Kol sitting on the couch.

"Kol?" I asked and he looked up at me smiling.

"I'm guessing your new found style comes with your new found attitude and life." He laughed.

I nodded and he grabbed my hand leading me out of the house. We began walking and once we reached Time Square it started becoming dark. We walked hand in hand when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and was face to face with my mom and Dad...

"Mom? Dad?" I asked and my mom smiled tears filling her eyes.

"What..mom..dad what are you doing here?"