Chapter Five

I heard the door open and I turned to see Kol standing there. I ran over to him and he held me close stroking my hair.

"I..I th-thought you...you were de-dead." I sobbed.

"Shh..it's okay. I'm okay."

I pulled myself away from him and suddenly I wasn't worried anymore I was angry.

"WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT THEN?!" I screamed and he just stared at me.

"KOL!"

"You wouldn't understand. My family we are different. Highly different." He began.

"What are you?"

Tear spilled down my cheeks and he tried to touch my cheek but I slapped his hand away.

"Answer me Kol, what are you?"

He took a deep breath and sat on the end of the bed.

"Vampire." He breathed.

My body went into shock and I just stood there looking at him. When I finally found the words I couldn't get them.

"Vampires aren't real." I muttered.

"Really darling? You just witnessed your boyfriend..someone you care about deeper than you can even imagine fly off a balcony and now he's here talking to you." He began and I just shook my head. I started running towards the door but he was already there.

"You really are a vampire aren't you?" I asked.

"Original Vampire actually. I'm kind of a big deal." He joked which earned a small smile from me.

"There's that smile I love." He put his thumb at the end of my mouth and I kissed his hand.

"You won't hurt me right?" I asked.

"I wouldn't even dream of it. I promise as long as I am yours and you are mine no one and nothing will ever hurt you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and we rested our foreheads against eachother. He pulled me close to him and I let out a sharp breath.

"Ow." I croaked.

"Oh sorry love."

I laughed and rested my head on his chest.

"I have alot of questions but I'm not ready to ask them yet. I just want you to hold me and never let me go." I said.

"When your ready I will answer them." He said back resting his lips on my forehead.

"I do have a serious question tho."

"Yes Addie?"

"How old are you?"

He chuckled a bit and I looked at him.

"I'm alittle over a thousand."

"Holy..."

"Don't say it. I know I'm old."

I just sat there and he laughed. I ended up asking him every question and he told me EVERYTHING! Every Vampire and other supernatural creature in Mystic Falls and people he knew. He told me about his father and such...he really did have a messed up life..