Chapter 1

Ariana's P.O.V.

Five months.

It's been five whole months since me and Justin have moved out to Stanford, California to attend the university.

It's been five while months since we both got back together. It's been five whole months since our lives changed forever.

After me and Justin sneakily left Bakersfield back in May, we met up with the roommate Justin found for us to live with. His name is Lucas and it turned out, he had a sister named Paige living with him as well.

We all live together in a three bedroom apartment only five minutes away from the university. Me and Justin share a room which I don't really mind cause I love waking up in his arms every morning. Lucas and Paige have their own room in the apartment.

Over the past five months, we've all become really close. Paige has become my best friend and Lucas has become Justin's best friend. I'm so glad that we found new friends here in Stanford since we had to leave our old friends from high school  behind to pursue their own lives.

There are times when I miss Lea and Lexi. The same goes with Justin for Nate. I call them every now and than to check up, but it's not the same as seeing them everyday like I used to.

I'm glad that I met Paige though. She's so funny and super crazy. We bond over everything together. She's like the sister I never had.

Living here in Stanford has been really great for me and Justin. Over the last few months, we have been able to rekindle our relationship and bring it back to the way it was before we broke up over the whole bet situation.

Today is our six month anniversary of being together. Even though we broke up for a week in May, we don't really count that as anything in our relationship. We got together on April third and today is October third.

I'm so glad that I decided to give him another chance. He really has proven himself to me the last few months. I love him and I don't know what I would do without him.

Tonight for our anniversary, Justin has a special surprise planned out for me. I begged him all weekend to tell me but he wouldn't tell me anything. Im super anxious to know what we're doing. Sadly I have to wait until tonight to see what he's planned.

Right now I'm in my Civil Litigation class. My teacher, Professor Collins is talking and writing a whole bunch of stuff on the board. There are over a hundred students in this class with me.

Some of them are half asleep, some of them are on their phones, and some of them are in deep conversation with each other.

I try to pay attention to what Professor Collins is saying and write notes, but my mind keeps wandering over to tonight and to Justin.

I wonder if he's taking me to that nice restaurant in downtown that we went to a few weeks ago. Or maybe he's taking me out of the city to do something romantic in a different city.

Maybe he's gonna take me-

"Ariana, can you please tell us the answer to why litigation cost so much?"Professor Collins asks me and snaps me out of my thoughts. Everyone's eyes turn towards me.

"Litigation is very time consuming and labor intensive. For a lawyer to be ready at trial, he or she must know virtually every aspect or fact of the case, and be familiar with each and every document associated with the case"I answer him.

"Correct, good job"Professor Collins winks at me and moves onto another student to ask a different question.

The Professor talks for another hour before he finally ends class. I pack my stuff into my bag and leave the huge classroom.