Chapter 43

Ariana's P.O.V.

"New York is really beautiful at night"I say as me and Justin stare down at the bright city. We are currently at the Empire State building and its ten o'clock at night.

Paige and Lucas went back to the hotel for the night to rest up for the long day ahead of us tomorrow, it being new years eve. We were supposed to go with them to try to go to sleep early as well, but Justin insisted we spend some alone time together.

"New York is beautiful at night but it could never compare to your beauty"He says making me smile.

"You have got to stop with those cheesy lines"I tell him and laugh. "I can't help it sometimes, you really are beautiful ariana"He tells me making me smile wider.

"I am aren't I?"I ask and toss my hair to the side while batting my eyelashes. Justin laughs at me and pulls me closer to him. He positions me in front of him and wraps his arms around my waist. He lays his chin upon my shoulder and softly kisses my neck.

There aren't much people in the room with us, only a few. It's late so I understand why not a lot of people would be up here.

"I wish we could stay here forever"Justin sighs while looking back down at the city. "I wish we could too"I say.

"What if we grew up in New York city  instead of Bakersfield? Do you think we would be where we are today?"Justin randomly asks me. "I dont know"I shrug.

"Like what if we never met as kids and we lived here in this city. Do you think we would even be in a relationship with each other?"He asks next and I take a few minutes to come up with an answer. "I think we would. We were made for each other. Even if we didn't grow up together and we grew up in a city filled with millions of people, I think we would have found our way to each other eventually"I say.

"You really think that we were made for each other?"He asks and I nod. "We're soul mates. We belong together. Your my moonlight remember?"I ask him.

"And your my sunlight"He says and turns me around in his arms to give me a kiss.

"I have an idea"He says when he breaks away. "What kind of idea?"I ask him uneasily. Whenever Justin comes up with ideas, they're never good.

"Come on"He pulls my hand and tugs me behind him towards the elevators.

"Where are we going?"I ask him. "Like I always say Ariana, you'll see"He says and I roll my eyes.

We enter the elevator and the doors close. It doesn't take us too long to reach the first floor.

Once the elevator doors open, Justin pulls me out of the elevator and excitedly runs out of the building. He holds my hand and I try to keep up with him as he quickly walks down the busy new York streets.

Ten minutes later, Justin stops in front of a tattoo parlor. I look at him with a disapproving look.

"This is why you were in such a hurry. To get a tattoo? We should be heading back to the hotel to get some rest Justin, not running around the city to find tattoo parlors"I cross my arms in front of me.

"I want to get a tattoo and I think you should get one too"He says making my eyes widen in shock at his request.

"I've never gotten a tattoo before. Why would I get one now?"I ask him.

"We just talked about living our lives to the fullest over dinner. Right now I'm asking you to live and not to think twice. Get a tattoo with me"He says.

"Your out of your mind"I begin to shake my head no. "Please, what I want you to get isn't something meaningless. I want you to get something that will symbolize our love for each other"He says.