Chapter 37

Ariana's P.O.V.

"I'm glad that your back home and that your safe"Paige tells Justin as we all sit in the living room and talk amongst each other.

This morning Justin finally got to come home from the hospital. All night Wednesday and all day yesterday he had to stay under the Doctor's care. I stayed by his side the entire time, only leaving when visitor hours were over.

"I'm kinda glad about that too"Justin let's out a small chuckle. "How do you feel?"Lucas asks him. He gives me a quick glance before reverting his eyes back towards Justin.

I still haven't confronted Lucas about the whole liking me conversation we had on Wednesday. I've been so busy with Justin that I haven't had time to talk with him about the subject.

"I feel a lot better than I did the day of the accident. I don't remember much while at the scene of the car crash. I just remember lots of blood. So much blood to the point where I passed out"Justin explains to Lucas.

"Thank God the doctors were able to save you"Lucas says. "Tell me about it"Justin nods.

"Now that we're all together in one room, why don't we talk about our New Years plans. You guys still wanted to meet up with me and Lucas in New York after Christmas right?"Paige asks me and Justin, changing the topic.

"Yea, we still want to meet up with you guys in New York for New Years"I answer her, answering for both me and Justin.

"Great, I already booked the hotel so we should all be set for the trip"She says. "Perfect, I can't wait. I've always wanted to see the ball drop on new years night"I say, beginning to get excited.

"Me too. I already have our whole schedule planned out on all the things we're gonna do while in New York"She says. "You do?"I ask and she nods, chuckling.

"You and Lucas are still going up to San Diego to spend Christmas with your family right?"I ask her and she nods. "Are you still going to Bakersfield with Justin?"She asks me and I nod as well.

"I'm so excited, I finally get to see my little sister for the first time"Justin says, a small smile forming on his face. "That's right, you haven't seen her yet"Paige says.

"What's her name?"Lucas ask him. "Her name is Emma"Justin answers him. "That's a cute name"Paige smiles.

"She's really beautiful. Here's a picture my mom sent me the other day of her giggling"He says and shows her a picture of Emma on his phone.

"Aww, she's so adorable"Paige gushes. "Isn't she? I hope my children will look as cute as her"I say and hear Justin scoff. "Of course our children will look as cute as her, they'll get their good looks from me"He says and I roll my eyes.

I hear the sound of someone knock on the apartment door.

"I'll get it, that must be the pizza we ordered"Paige says and stands up from her seat. She walks to the front door to retrieve our pizza. She comes back less than a minute later with a pizza box in her hand.

"Ill go get some drinks for everyone"I volunteer and begin to head towards the kitchen. "I'll help you"I hear Lucas speak up and turn around to see him now following me.

I let out a sigh, knowing while we're in the kitchen, Lucas will bring up what we talked about the other day. I was hoping to avoid this talk for a little longer but I guess I might as well just get it over with.

"We should probably talk"Lucas begins as I start grabbing a few cups from a kitchen cabinet. "Yea, we should"I agree.

"Look, about what I said the other day, just forget about it okay?"He asks and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.