Chapter 14

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Can I please get an iced caramel macciato?"Paige asks the Starbucks worker and she nods.

The worker looks at me next to take up my order as well.

"I'll have a vanilla bean frappucinno"I tell her and she puts both orders into her computer system.

A few minutes later, we are handed our coffee drinks.

We both head over to a private booth so we can talk.

Paige begged me to have coffee this morning with her before we head to morning classes because she has something important to tell me.

Its Monday and I haven't seen her since Saturday night at Noah's disastrous Halloween party.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"I ask Paige, curious as to what she wants to tell me.

"Well, Saturday night was really special for me"She begins. "Why?"I ask her. There was nothing special about that night.

"I know me and Noah just started dating last week, but we both felt ready enough to take our relationship a step further Saturday night at the party"She says and I look at her, confused.

"Me and Noah made love"She says and my eyes widen in shock. I nearly choke on my drink as I put it down.

"You had sex with Noah?"I ask her, slightly appalled. "Yes, I did"She tells me, a smile on her face.

"Paige, what is wrong with you?"I ask her. "Are you not thrilled about this?"She asks me, hurt flashing across her eyes.

"I love you Paige, but I don't think I can be as thrilled about this as you are. You just started dating Noah last week! Making love to someone is basically saying that you are committed to that person now and forever"I tell her.

"No it's not, making love is not always about commitment. Me and Noah really like each other. We want to express that no only in words, but in actions too"She says.

"There are many other ways to express your feelings towards someone without making love"I tell her.

"Excuse me Ariana but I'm not a virgin, and you know that! Not everyone is like you! Not everyone waits until they're ready or for the right guy to come along"She says and for a split second, I want to choke her.

I told her about me making Justin wait to make love in high school because I wasn't ready. I told her that in confidence and trust, I didn't think she would one day use it against me.

Is it so wrong that I was afraid of sex in high school? Is it so wrong that I wasn't like every other high school girl who slept with a new guy every week? Is it so wrong that I wanted to wait for the right guy who I knew i could truly see a future with?

"Look Paige, I'm not trying to offend you. I'm just watching out for you. Making love to someone is a really big deal. You may not think so, but it is. I just don't want to see you get so attached to someone, and than they break your heart. When I found out about the bet Justin placed on me, I felt so shattered and heartbroken because I gave myself up to him. I gave him my innocence and I know your not a virgin but that heartbreak when someone hurts you, doesn't feel good. I'm just trying to be a good friend and warn you not to try and rush your relationship with Noah. Take things slow"I tell her and she sighs.