Chapter 33

Justin's P.O.V.

I wake up next to a sleeping Ariana. She's cuddled up into my chest and her arms hold onto me tightly. She looks absolutely beautiful and I can't help myself by placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

I'm so happy that Ariana forgave me last night for my recent actions. I imagined her being a lot more upset when she found out the entire truth but she was very understanding and perceptive.

I promised her that I wouldn't hang out with Jesse and his gang. That is a promise I'm willing to keep if it means keeping Ariana as a girlfriend.

I reach over to the bedside table and grab my phone. I scroll through my messages and open Jesse's.

Justin: Hey Jesse, just wanted to let you know that I'm done with dealing. I also wanted to inform you that I can no longer be friends with you and your gang. I'm changing and I don't like the person I'm becoming by being around you. I had fun hanging out with you the last month but as of now, our friendship has ended. It was nice knowing you and I hope that you have a great life.

I send the message and lock my phone. I put it down and focus my attention back towards my girlfriend. 

I run my fingers soothingly through her hair and kiss her head again. I'm so grateful to have someone as caring and forgiving as Ariana in my life. I don't know where I'd be without her.

For one, I probably wouldn't be in an ivy league college such as Stanford. If she wasn't coming here, I probably would have gone to a less prestigious college.

For two, I probably wouldn't be tied down in a relationship. I probably would still be sleeping around with countless girls, not caring if I hurt them emotionally in the process.

For three, I probably wouldn't have quit drugs or drinking. I can imagine myself still getting wasted and high, maybe even killing myself from my reckless actions.

Last night really opened my eyes. I should have been more responsible at that party. I should have been more careful with drinking to avoid the whole drunk driving incident. I could have seriously hurt myself last night and I can't imagine the horror Ariana would have felt if I had.

Ariana needs to be my first priority from now on. Yes, I love to have fun and hang out with friends, but I love Ariana more. I can't keep jeopardizing my relationship with her. I can't lose her.

I hear my phone buzz and notice that I've received a text back from Jesse.

Jesse: Sorry to hear that we can't be friends anymore. Wish you wouldn't cut ties with us but it's your choice. Just drop off the briefcase tonight and than you won't have to worry about me and the gang ever again.

I'm confused at first on what briefcase he's talking about but than I remember about the drugs he asked me to hold for the weekend.

I quietly wiggle myself free from Ariana's grasp and bend down on the floor to grab the briefcase from under the bed.

I furrow my eyebrows, puzzled as to why the briefcase is gone. I frantically begin to search on every side of the bed to find the briefcase, but still can't seem to find it.

I promised Jesse I wouldn't let anything happen to the briefcase. I remember putting it under the bed. Where the hell could it have gone?

I notice Ariana beginning to wake up. When she opens her eyes, a smile forms on her face, followed by a yawn.