Chapter 34

Ariana's P.O.V.

"It's been an hour, Justin's late. Where is he?"Paige asks me. Its eight o'clock at night and we are currently at the Skating Rink. Lucas is here but he's roller skating in the rink with a friend while me and Paige talk amongst each other at a table.

"I'm not sure"I shake my head, beginning to get worried. He won't answer any of my texts.

"What happened the other night? You never told me why you took my car at four in the morning?"She asks me.

"Justin got into a bit of trouble"I start and she motions for me to proceed with my story. "He was arrested with a few friends for drunk driving"I tell her and watch as her jaw drops in shock.

"Justin? Arrested?"She gasps and I nod. "The police station was generous enough to release him without paying a bail fee. All I had to do was sign a paper of release"I tell her.

"I'm glad you were able to get him out. Were you angry with him? Did you guys have a talk about this?"She asks.

"I was angry with him but we talked everything out. I forgave him for his actions and he promised to stop drinking"I answer. I leave out a lot of things from the argument I had with Justin the other night only because I feel like what was said should remain between me and Justin. Paige is my best friend and I tell her everything, but certain things in my relationship with Justin will remain private. I'm sure if she was in a relationship, she would want to keep certain things private between her and her boyfriend too.

My mind travels over to the thought on Paige being single. I change the topic away from Justin by asking her a question on Trevor. I gave her his number and want to know if she texted him.

"Have you reached out to Trevor?"I ask her. "I have. We actually have a date tomorrow"She says and I watch as a blush heats up her cheeks.

"When were you gonna tell me this?"I ask her and she chuckles. "I was gonna bring it up sometime while we sit here and talk"She says.

"What are you guys gonna do?"I ask her and she shrugs. "I don't know, he said he was gonna surprise me"She says.

"Trevor is a really great guy. Your gonna have lots of fun on your date with him tomorrow"I tell her, happy that she's going out with a loyal and kind guy like Trevor.

My phone begins to ring and I look down at it to see Justin calling me. I instantly answer his call.

"Justin, where are you? I've been trying to reach you for the past hour?"I ask him.

"Sorry babe, my car broke down on the side of the road. I called a mechanic to meet me and try to fix the problem so now I'm waiting for him. I don't think I'll be able to meet you guys at the skating rink, the mechanic may not come for another hour or so"He explains.

"Did you want me to come and wait with you? I can have Paige Drive me to-"I begin but Justin immediately cuts me off. "No, I'll be fine. You just stay put and have fun"He tells me.

"Are you sure?"I ask him. "I'm positive, don't worry about me. I love you, I'll see you later"He says but before he can hang up I stop him.

"I love you too, and text me when the mechanic gets to you"I tell him and hear him sigh on line. "I will, bye Ariana"He says and hangs up.

I can't help but feel like Justin is lying to me. Why was he so quick to cut me off when I offered to go accompany him will he waits for the mechanic?

What if he's actually hanging out with Jesse again?

Stop jumping into conclusions Ariana! Just yesterday morning, Justin officially cut Jesse from his life. Justin also promised to stop lying to you so stop being so paranoid!