0.4 ⇛ The Arcane Boy

C H A R L I E

Chapter 4

I cracked my eyes open as I fell asleep outside and was surprisingly not mugged.

I stretched my right leg out to start swinging the hammock.

Stretching just a bit more, my toe barely reached the wooden railing before falling down on the floor.

But the floor didn't feel wooden, but rather it felt more like a body.

In fact, it was Isaac in the floor, his eyes snapped open as I untangled my limbs from his.

"Why are you here?" I questioned him, arching a brow.

"Well, you fell asleep and I just stayed." Isaac cheekily explained.

"On the floor?" I shot him a quizzical look.

"Yes Charlie, I slept on the floor." Isaac grumbled.

"But you never left." I stated, almost as if I was trying to prove a point.

"No, something could of attacked you." Isaac rolled his eyes.

"Like you?" I crossed my arms at the beta.

"Besides me, are you going to appreciate that I stayed or not?" The Lahey boy was obviously in a rather sour state.

"I appreciate that you stayed so someone didn't attack me in my sleep." I sighed, inching closer to the front door.

"Good thing you're thankful." Isaac trailed from behind, holding the door open while we both stepped inside and headed to the kitchen for a bowl of cereal.

"Good thing you're thankful." I muttered, mocking him in a low pitched tone.

"Are you mocking me?" He gave a playful glare.

"Are you mocked me?" I mocked him a second time this morning while making myself look just as confused as him.

"Stop."

"Fine, but I have an offer you definitely cannot deny." I smirked, sitting next to the blue eyed boy.

"Alright, shoot." Isaac gave me a sideways glance, giving all his attention to me.

"Today is of course Saturday, so it can be a no supernatural day. We can as normal as the population in this town that aren't werewolves or anything else." I offer, a grin spreading on Isaac's face.

"I like this offer. Let's do it." Isaac takes a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"Glad that you agree." I respond, finishing the bowl of cereal.

I dramatically pulled the white tarp off the 67' Harley Davidson, two helmets hung on the wall.

"Is this your dad's or something?" Isaac observed the older vehicle and ran his finger along the handle while I reached for the two helmets, his question making me bubble with subtle laughter.

"God no, this was my moms." I gave the Lahey boy a short answer.

"What about your dad?" Isaac continued to prod at my family life.

"He has one of those Honda's, but he's over in the Middle East right now so no one actively uses it." I blew the dust off he helmet, the young beta sneezing.

"Is that why you're living with your aunt?" Isaac circled around the garage, an inspection on all the tools we had.

"Yeah, I can't live by myself since I'd probably burn the house down or something." It was a broad, but rather true accusation.