2.3 ⇛ Acquisition

C H A R L I E

Chapter 23

"You know, we're skipping school today." I scooted up towards the front of the seat as Stiles sighed, Scott had his head out of the window, trying to find a scent.

"I can turn back around and not try to find Isaac's werewolf ass so you can have an education." Stiles glanced back at me for a second, still concentrated on the road.

"No thanks." My eyes slightly widened as I didn't want to go back.

"Then maybe we shouldn't mention school, you know." Stiles casually shrugged.

"Have you found anything Scott?" I asked, turning my attention to the werewolf.

"Take a left." Scott ducked his head in before Stiles scrunched up his face as I looked out the window.

There was no road.

"Scott, you know that there's no road, right?" I pressed my face against the window as if I was a child again.

"He's in the woods." Scott say back down, Stiles eyes widening.

"Stop the car." I ordered, jumping from my seat as I was ready to get out.

"I don't think I really can at this moment." Stiles rambled before I gripped the driver's seat.

"He could be dying, stop the car." I glared, the pale boy slowing down into a stop.

When the car stopped, Scott got out as I followed him.

We both ran around, it felt like we're going in circles from all the trees looking familiar.

Scott ran past an oak tree as I stopped to take a breath.

I knew we already past this tree at least once.

"Scott, we're going in circles." I complained, the brunette turning back to me.

"He's scent is scattered around here." Scott's brows were scrunched up, my fear grew as I chewed on the padding if my thumb.

"You don't think that he's... Dead." I quietly looked down at the ground.

"He can't be, why would you think that?" Scott stopped I his tracks, crossing his arms.

"It's just that his scent's all around here." I quietly implied, the werewolf gave a frustrated sigh.

"He's not dead Char, trust me." Scott sighed, his hand brushing over his mouth.

"Are you really sure?" I rubbed my arms, circling around once.

"There's this feeling that someone has when someone dies, do you feel that?" Scott questioned as I stared at the ground.

I didn't feel like I lost someone, I felt like I was going to loose someone.

"He's not dead, but he will be if we don't find him soon." I shakily breathed out.

Scott began to walk around some more, breathing in Isaac's scent from his shirt.

I decided to go around my own way, if Scott couldn't find him, maybe I could on my own.

"Oh god Isaac, just make a sound, anything. I need to find you." I whispered, but there was no sound.

I walked down a small hill, the leaves crunching beneath my feet.

Walking around in what seemed like more circles, I found an opening, a place with not so many trees.

"Isaac?" I called out, hoping for a response.