0.5 ⇛ Pack

C H A R L I E

Chapter 5

For the remainder of the weekend, or Sunday, I never got any calls or texts from Isaac.

I didn't want to call him either.

When Monday rolled around, I woke up was the bruises on my wrists were hurting more than usual.

I quickly ate my breakfast before going back to change into some skinny jeans and a maroon sweatshirt, spirit wear of the lacrosse team.

My phone rang as I grabbed my bag and bustled out of my house, Lydia and Allison patiently waiting.

"Hey." I quickly muttered as I closed the door.

"You look like you've had a great morning." Allison observed, I was fixing the strap of my tank top and sarcastically smiled.

"It was beautiful." I sarcastically replied.

"Let's not be sarcastic right now." Lydia groaned.

"Alright." I sighed.

"What's up with the spirit wear?" Lydia asks, looking in the mirror to see the maroon jacket the surrounded my frame.

"It was the first thing I found." I shrugged, running my fingers through my hair since I poorly brushed it.

"Use my brush." Allison dug through her bag before pulling a blue hair brush and handing it to me.

"You had enough time to straighten your hair." Lydia comments, quickly passing the brush through my hair before handing the brush back to Allison.

"I did it last night. I got lucky because it didn't look bad this morning." I shrug, Lydia pulling up and parking near the entrance.

"Well, at least your clothes are matching." Allison gave a sympathetic smile towards my way as I looked down at my choice of clothing.

"That was one time." I protested.

"But it was a really bad day for you." Lydia swiped on a coat of lip gloss before opening the door and getting out, Allison doing the same thing.

"You'll get through today." I muttered to myself before getting out myself.

The three of us walked up the steps and into school, some of the students stealing glances at Lydia.

The chain link of the three of us broke as I stopped at my locker, grabbing the books I left behind the previous week.

"Hey Char." The all too familiar voice was heard in my ear.

"Hey Isaac." I suppressed a smile as I slowly turned to him.

"Derek broke my phone by accident on Saturday night." Isaac explained.

Of course the sour wolf would break his phone.

"Isaac. I think we need to take our friendship a step back. It's nothing too serious it's just there's a lot of stuff going on right now and I need some space." My gaze was kept to the floor as my voice was a little shaky, the sleeves of my jacket were riding up my arms as the bruise's could slightly be seen. I tugged he sleeves down as Isaac took notice of my shaken figure.

"What's on your wrists?" Isaac's voice slightly darkening.

"Nothing." I stuttered as I closed the locker door.

"What happened? I can sense your pain from here." Isaac says, pressing on for an answer.

"It's nothing. Please leave me alone Isaac." I clench my jaw as I backed up and got in the crowd, Isaac not being able to find me.