1.7 ⇛ Karaoke

C H A R L I E

Chapter 17

I looked at myself in the mirror, not sure about was I was doing.

"You know, eating pizza and binge watching Friends is always a good option." Isaac sat down on my bed as I grabbed my hat.

"Well, nobody told you life was going to be this way." I quoted the theme song from Friends.

"But why him? I mean it's going to be you and Alex alone. I didn't agree with that Josh guy so he could walk you to class instead of me." Isaac whined.

"Don't worry cause I'll be there for you." I broke out with jazz hands as Isaac quietly laughed.

"Don't do anything stupid that I would do." Isaac sighed, kissing my forehead.

"Just know you can call and I'll be there." I walked downstairs.

"You need to stop with those Friends quotes." Isaac and I walked outside.

"I'll stop, I'll call you tomorrow." I pecked his lips, pushing his jacket in his chest as Alex showed up on one of those expensive motorcycles.

"Don't get jealous, wolfie." I whispered in his ear as he got in his car.

I walked back to the front door, leaning against the frame.

"Hey kiddo, you ready?" Alex asked.

"Kiddo?" I crossed my arms.

"I may or may not be two years older than you and I may or may not be eighteen actually." Alex smiled.

"Oh."

"By the way, can I park my bike here and use your car? I have something I found in my bag and it's scared for it's life." Alex explained.

"What's scared for it's life?" I asked, going inside to grab my keys.

When I walked back outside, Alex was holding a baby panda, probably from the local zoo.

"These things are adorable as babies and ferocious as adult like wolves, I saw a hunter trying to kill him so I saved him." Alex shrugged.

"So you decided it'd be okay to take the thing with you?" I shouted.

"Yeah, it's a baby. Apparently the zoo has really bad security, anyways we have bamboo plants at home cause we let josh decorate, so he'll be cared for." Alex explains.

"If that thing tears anything up, you're paying." I pointed at the panda.

"Fine, let's go." Alex walked up to me, snatching my keys out of my hand as he walked to my car.

"Do you think you're driving my car?" I glared.

"Yeah, I do." I heard the ignition roar to life.

"Get in please." Alex placed the panda in the backseat as I warily walked around my car.

"It's my car." I muttered, taking a seat up front.

The ride consisted of terrible rap music and no conversation as I glanced down at my phone.

Wolfie: You're missing out of some good reruns of Friends.

Charlie: You wouldn't say.

"We're here" Alex parked car as I looked up from my phone, the panda's head poking out from the bag..

"I'm pretty sure you can't bring an animal in there." I pointed out.

"That's why I have his head poking out cause some bags have animals like this." Alex explained as though you could find a bag like that out in Macy's.