0.9 ⇛ It's all in vein

C H A R L I E

Chapter 9

As I woke up, I was able to fix the door and make some breakfast.

I quickly fixed my bowl of cereal, my phone buzzing simultaneously.

Stan: Can you pick me up? I've been waiting for two hours and Jerry's stepmom is being a bitch cause she needs a haircut or whatever.

Charlie: Be there in five.

As I grabbed the keys to my dad's old pickup truck, I opened the door of the old truck, starting the car up before I drove down to Jerry's house, Stan waiting outside with his duffle bag, his brunette friend and platinum blonde step mom waiting in tow.

As I grabbed my aviators and got out of the car, walking up to the platinum blonde with Botox.

"Charlie, Stan's cousin." I smile holding out my hand.

She lightly holds my hand as I shake it firmly. She looked disgusted of me, it made me roll my eyes as she acted as if she was high class.

"Why did it take so long for you to arrive." She snapped, Stan rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm sorry that I'm a teenager who has chores to do." I glared.

"Well I'm sorry that I filed an appointment with my hair stylist." The woman glared back.

"Are you really going to argue with a sixteen year old? Besides, old are you, forty nine, fifty three?" I squinted, he blonde gasping.

"Thirty one to be exact."

"Then why can I see the Botox all the way down the street?" I argued, the two boys snickering in he background.

"Look, Jane said you can take care of Jerry today." The pansy sighed.

"I can." I responded.

"Can you? I'll pay you." She woman sickly smiled.

"Yeah. Give me twenty." My hands slid up to my hips.

"Here." She sighed, giving me three tens by accident.

"Thank you." I chuckled, thinking of the thirty dollars I made.

"Just go, my stylist is probably working on someone else already." She sighed getting in her own car.

"Alright, get in." I announced, the two boys climbing in the back of the car.

"Is there any food at home?" Stan asked as I backed out, driving down the street.

"Pop tarts, why?" I glanced back, sure that the two were hungry.

"Mandy gave us some protein bars and we didn't eat it." Stan explains.

"Where to?" I asked.

"It says the closes fast food place is KFC." Jerry cuts in, scrolling through his phone.

"Off to KFC we go." I mumbled, making a turn out of the neighborhood.

I drove down the busy street, looking for said chicken place, the red sign outlined out in the sky.

"So what's up with your mom?" I ask, glancing back at Jerry.

"She's my stepmom. My dad doesn't notice the bitch in her." Jerry explained, slouching in his seat.

"Makes sense." I shrug, pulling into the fast food drive through.

"You guys want a bucket or something?" I turn back to them, boy of them eagerly nodding their heads.