2.8 ⇛ The great scheme

C H A R L I E

Chapter 28

It was bright and early in the morning when I was woken up by a familiar pale boy.

"Stiles it's," I paused, looking over to see the clock.

5:25 AM

"Five twenty five in the morning." I groaned.

"Charlie, they're releasing you today. Come on! Scott, Isaac, Allison, and Derek are all going to a diner!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Only because there's food." I muttered, Stiles giving me that same sideways grin.

"Real food! Real food! Real food!" Stiles quietly chanted, doing small fist bumps.

"I think a nurse is supposed to release me though." I implied, Stiles pausing as the grin slowly vanished.

"I'll go get Melissa." He ran out of the room, shouting Scott's mom's name down the hospital corridors.

I quietly laughed at his actions before he walked in with Mrs. McCall.

"I brought you some of your clothes from your place." Stiles dropped a maroon sweatshirt and some light blue colored jeans on my bed before he backed up, hands in his pockets.

"Going to miss living here?" She asked, slowly sliding the IV out of my arm.

Small talk.

"There's a nice television set here, but otherwise, not that much." Momma McCall laughed at this.

"You already know where the showers are." She dropped two small bottles of shampoo and conditioner.

I took the set of clothes and two bottles before standing up and leaving the room.

"Pancakes are there, you know. Are you getting pancakes?" Stiles asked, he was walking right next to me.

"Yes I am, Stiles." I nodded my head.

"And grits?" He asked.

"Yes I am, Stiles." I repeated my response.

"Bacon? I mean, I'm more of a bacon person, but you are too, right?"

"Yes I am, Stiles." I sighed, pushing the door open to the room full of showers.

"Hot chocolate?" He asked.

"As much as I'd like to continue this conversation of breakfast foods, I don't think you can enter this area." I pointed out to the sarcastic boy before he nodded his head.

"We'll talk more about it when you're done." He shrugged as I sighed.

"Okay, Stiles." I replied.

I closed the door on him before pushing back one of the shower curtains, turning the water on hot.

I stripped from the hospital gown, sliding on some shower shoes the hospital gave me, apparently the floors are terribly dirty.

I ran my fingers through my hair, the warm water ran down my back. It was soothing, it calmed my nerves.

I took the bottle of shampoo and almost used the whole thing on my hair, same with the conditioner.

When I was finished, I turned the shower off, taking a towel and wrapping it around my body, drying myself off before putting on my clothes and drying my hair with a towel.

I brushed my hair with my fingers before tying it all up in a bun. I slid on the Adidas I was given and the maroon sweatshirt, Beacon Hills spirit wear, also known as half of my closet because I'm either poor or cheap to get other clothes.