1.9 ⇛ Chaos

C H A R L I E

Chapter 19

A day after the big search party, I stayed at the vet clinic, also known as one of the best places to study since it was usually quiet.

Text books and notebooks were sprawled around the metal table as the small bell for the front door chimed.

"Deaton?" Scott called out.

I dropped my pencil, Deaton walking to the counter as I trailed behind him.

"Hello Scott, what's wrong?" Deaton smiled, then looking down at Alex himself, bloody and barely alive.

"Take him in." Deaton opened the door, all of them entering. I grabbed my books, dropping them on the counter as Scott and Josh placed Alex in the metal table.

"So, what happened to him? Deaton asked.

"Peter." Alex croaked.

"Well, Peter came back from the dead and he probably took most of your power. You're still an apha, but you're not as strong as you use to be." Deaton explained, examining the hurt alpha.

"How can I gain my power back?" Alex tried to sit up, failing as he fell back on his back.

"It just takes time." Deaton took his gloves off, motioning for Scott, Josh, and I to follow him.

"He shouldn't be fighting anyone for a while. Maybe he should just stay in bed for a day or two, but he can't work out or anything too serious. If he's in the lacrosse team, he shouldn't play any games." Deaton explained.

"If he was staying in bed for only two days, you could of told him, he loves staying in bed." Josh pointed out.

"I'm not done. He can die if he does anything too serious. Two days minimum if he feels better." Deaton scribbled some notes down, maybe a fake doctors note.

"Alright, I'll make sure he doesn't fight anyone." Josh absently nodded his head as Scott and I gave settle glanced to each other, both of us knowing that we need to talk to Peter.

We looked over to the beta as he walked back to his brother.

"Scott, who is he?" Deaton asked.

"A new pack."

///

After leaving the animal clinic, I went to set up a pack meeting at my place since my aunt and her family were out of town.

You're finally here." Stiles smiled, everyone already beating me to my house.

"Yeah, rough night." I grabbed my keys to unlock the door.

"Good thing you got here, Stiles was rambling annoying facts." Derek grumbled, walking inside as I fully opened the door.

"Facts about Lydia Martin is not annoying." Stiles argued, entering the premises.

"They're a little annoying." Isaac chimed in, walking in as he gave me a side hug.

I was about to close the door, but the sounds of leaves crunching could be heard.

"Can we come in?" I looked up to see Shawn and David.

"Uh, yeah, sure." I let the two werewolves walk in, closing the door.