1.5 ⇛ Evolution

C H A R L I E

Chapter 15

On Sunday night, I decided to go back home since staying over was something uncomfortable for me.

Scott, Isaac and I were in the locker room, standing at Stiles' locker.

We watched as Scott tore the locker door open as he tossed it on the floor.

"You're going to find him by scent?" Isaac asks.

"How else would you find Stiles?" I rolled my eyes, leaning against the locker.

"We both are going to find him." Scott handed Isaac a shoe as the beta held Stiles' flannel.

"How come he gets a shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac asked, looking down at the worn out shoe.

"You get what you get." I shrugged.

Scott and Isaac had their attention on something as I looked over to my left, Derek standing at the end of the hall.

"We need to talk."

From behind the locker, Peter came to view, but we all thought he was dead.

My breath hitched as I stared at the man who was supposed to be dead, deceased, no longer living.

"All of us." Peter nodded his head.

"Holy shit." Scott breathed out.

"What the hell is this?" Scott tilted his head, making it more visible to see his uneven jawline.

"I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the police station." Derek kept the same monotone voice.

"Okay, hold on. He threatened to kill my mom, and I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?" Scott explained.

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom? She's gorgeous." Peter smirked.

"Shut up." Derek and Scott both yelled at Peter.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked as I looked up at him.

"That's Peter. Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat." I explained.

"Hi." Peter waved his hand.

"That's good to know." Isaac nodded his head.

"How is he alive?" Scott asked.

"The short version is he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him. " Derek tilted his head.

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead." Isaac shrugged.

"What?"

"Jackson died. He's dead, you know, when the living stop breathing and their heart stops pumping." I crossed my arms.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asked.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen." Peter replied.

"But why?" Derek turned to Peter.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly." Peter took a few steps forward, planting his feet down on the concrete.

We all left to the burned down Hale house, looking through it.

"Oh. Oh, they found Stiles." Scott look up from his phone as I sighed in relief.