1.6 ⇛ Bad times

C H A R L I E

Chapter 16

When I enter school on that quiet Tuesday, it felt as though the universe slapped me in the face.

The alpha from a couple of weeks ago, Alex, was standing in the hall, laughing along about something with four other guys.

I furrowed my brows, noticing Isaac glaring at them also.

My walk became a jog as I reached up to Isaac.

"It's Alex." I both turned to the alpha.

"I think that's his pack." Isaac's eyes were golden instead of his regular blue ones.

"Yeah, your eyes are changing color." I motioned, Isaac looking down at the ground for a few seconds.

"Let's go." I grabbed his hand, walking away from Alex's pack.

"Why is he here?" Isaac seethed, turning back to catch at Alex once more.

"I don't know. He'd love to have you dead for a million dollars." I pointed out.

"He's not going to kill me." Isaac scoffed.

"He took you down to the ground in a second only a week ago." I pointed out.

"He's an alpha." Isaac rolled his eyes.

"You didn't put up a fight." I pulled us to a corner in the hall.

"Maybe because he was behind me and it was too late to turn and fight him." Isaac flailed his arms like Stiles as I sighed.

"We need to make sure he's gone." I rubbed my eyes.

"Does Scott or anyone else know about Alex?" Isaac asks.

"No, I'll ask Stiles about it in lacrosse practice, you talk to Scott about it." I start to walk to my class.

I began to enter, but someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back out in the hall.

"You're not going in there." Isaac glared at Alex, who just waved and smirked.

"I can't skip class." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Maybe you can." Isaac leaned against the door frame.

"Bye, Isaac." I walked inside, taking a seat near the windows.

"Look who it is, the beta lover."alex chuckled, taking a seat next to me.

"Can it you rat." I hissed.

"What did you say about him? Don't you know that's the alpha." A boy with black hair growls.

"Fight me." I rolled my eyes.

As quick as it was, Alex slabbed the boy.

"Jesus, I'm sorry about his rudeness. Honestly, he doesn't realize that's my job." Alex explains.

"When have you been nice?" I leaned back in my chair, biting on the eraser of my pencil.

"Just started now, and it's part of my act. This is the only regular class I have, rest of my classes are college courses." Alex smirks.

"Yeah, you're in college classes." I scoffed.

I looked down to open my books, a school schedule was tossed my way.

"Read it and weep." Alex snaps his fingers.

My eyes scanned through the schedule as I raised my eyebrows.

"So you actually are smart." I gave him the paper back, the teacher starting the lesson.

"Yup, Shawny boy is the dumbest out of the pack." Alex grins.